1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

$10 Million General Lee? NOT!

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Ken McDaniel, May 10, 2007.

1. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

LInk to Article

BWAHAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thought you guys would like some closure.

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I know THIS particular story is kind of amusing but this kind of stuff ticks me off. A bid by a registered user is considered binding. He should be able to go after the winning bidder. It says right when you bid.

3. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

Schneider said he left negative feedback on the buyer. Hilarious. Also says he's considering a lawsuit. I'm sure since the identity of the buyer is known, the guy could be prosecuted for some sort of fraud?

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

One would think so. The point is, not that ebay fees are that high but say the guy really wants to sell the car and could get $100k for it (obviously $10M is not going to happen)... well, basically he can't sell it because people will keep screwing up the bids.

5. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

I heard this on the radio this morning. They added that he's going to take it to an actual action house. Who knows, maybe Barrett-Jackson will see it. They think it would probably go for 200K.

6. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

He should get charged with some kind of fine.

7. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

Yes, a $9,900,500 one. :lol:

8. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

That would hurt. Put a little dent in the retirement plans.