1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

2017 NFL Smack Talk Thread

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by DYohn, Sep 8, 2017.

1. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Welcome to the new NFL season. With the first game completed I'd like to congratulate the New England Patriots on having the WORST RECORD IN THE NFL.

Can't say that very often, so I had to take the shot. :)

2. Blake

Blake Member War Zone Member

David, give it time. I try to be optimistic but the Niners will soon join them I'm sure.

Tom looked shockingly human. Small sample size but maybe that bodes well for the rest of the league?

And good on that kid recovering nicely from fumbling his first NFL carry.

DYohn likes this.
  3. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

Sure it's a small sample size, but KC was a playoff team last year so it's not like they were playing the Jets or Browns or anything.

I'm more surprised that Alex Smith looks like he transformed from game manager to gunslinger in the off season. Curious if he can keep that up all year.

4. DYohn

Agreed. Smith is playing for his job, but I hope by the time they play the Broncos he's back to his old inconsistent ways. :)

5. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

I wasn't able to watch the game, but it my Raiders had a nice win against the Titans. And Marshawn Lynch did very well in his 1st game back for his 1 year retirement.

6. Chris Smith

Wasn't pretty, but my Eagles won a "must win" first week game away at Washington. First win against Washington since 2014 and first time AT Washington since 2013. Something about that team has just has the Birds number for the last couple of years.

7. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Week one past and my dolphins still undefeated.

DYohn likes this.
  8. DYohn

Broncos tried to lose but the defense decided to win. I predict a stressful season for Denver fans.

9. Chris Smith

Run the goddamn ball, Pederson.

Eagles had 17 rushing plays (4 of which were scrambled by Wentz, so 13 called rush plays) and 46 pass attempts. Oline didn’t play great in the 4th but when everyone including my 8 year old knew they were going to pass the ball, the D line can just pin their ears back and go for the QB.

Smith looked fine, wasn’t the gunslinger we were talking about last week. But he played good enough to win a tough game. *Hot Take* I think this Kareem Hunt could be a pretty good running back.

10. DYohn

Eagles should have won.

11. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

My Raiders had a very good game against the Redskins and are now 2-0.

12. JeffC

JeffC Active Member War Zone Member

Your Raiders killed my Jets. :(

Not a big KC fan but they are straight out punching teams in the face. They've never been a physical team, but they sure look physical now.

13. DYohn

Wow. NFL Power Rankings after week 2 have three AFC West teams in the top 5: KC (1) Oakland (3) Denver (4)

14. Chris Smith

I love tracking the NFL Power Rankings. I mean they mean as much after week 2 mean about as much as my aforementioned 8 year old throwing darts at a dartboard, but they're fun to watch!