1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

28 Days Later - DVD Short Review

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by E Jones, May 10, 2007.

Tags:
  1. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

Up until this week I had never seen "28 Days Later" when it was released in 2002 I kind of wrote it off a just another zombie movie (a genre that I'm not a big fan of.) Recently after seeing the new trailer for "28 Weeks Later" I found myself wanting to see both films.

"28 Days Later" was made by Danny Boyle (Trainspotting) on a low budget with DV cameras. I've read it was something he made quickly to get out of a "creative slump". Well it worked. It's kind of a hybrid zombie flick and it works on many levels. At its core though is a better than average story-line that really moves things along. FWIW it's really not a zombie flick per say because the infected have a virus and are not dead. It's really much more though... Check it out if you like gritty, intense and bloody.

Oh, BTW on my 100" screen the video quality was pretty bad, it definitely shows off its DV roots. That said the movie is so well made that you'll forget about it a few minutes into it.

-EJ

2. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

I was also surprised by how much I enjoyed this film. Much more intelligent than your typical blood-letting and with a wicked sense of humor. I plan to see the sequel.