1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

28 WEEKS LATER ...

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Colton, May 8, 2007.

1. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

My wife and I are going to a free screening tonight. We watched 28 DAYS LATER last night, so everything is fresh in our mind to pick up the story where it left off. I don't think Cillian Murphy reprises his role in this one.

"The film starts six months after the Rage virus has spread throughout the city of London. The United States Army has restored order and is repopulating the quarantined city, when a carrier of the Rage virus enters London and unknowingly re-ignites the spread of the deadly infection, wreaking havoc on the entire population."

Can't wait!

- Colton

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I rented 28 days on accident (thought it was about something related but not quite a "zombie" movie) and liked it so I may have to keep an eye on this.

3. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I am looking forward to this one, thought 28 Days Later was cool, is this a Danny Boyle movie as well? Because I know Sunshine is do soon too, so I thought they might have gotten a different director for this?

Max

4. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I can't wait for this!!

5. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II New Member

"28 Days Later" was a VERY cool movie...right up to the part where we meet the evil army guys.

Then it became just another movie.

Now, had they done the original ending...that would have been special!

6. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Paul, you have the wrong code for bold text, its
    Code:
    [b]text to be bolded[/b]

7. Matt Johnson

Matt Johnson New Member

What was the original ending?

8. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Looks good. I never did see the first so I'll have to rent it before I see this one. Still, my favorte zombie movies; the Resident Evil's. I cannot wait for the 3rd.

9. Colton

I went to a free screening to see 28 WEEKS LATER, the follow-up to 28 DAYS LATER which introduces a deadly virus "Rage" onto a unsuspecting British population that turns people into raving, blood-thirsty, crazed killers that want nothing more than to spread the disease by biting or vomit blood in their victims face. The virus spreads quickly and Britian is quarantined - only a few people survive.

28 WEEKS LATER gives us a United States controlled Britian that is slowly bringing people back after lifting the quarantine in a small section and you'll see that the clean-up is still a very large task. For the most part, the United States is guarding the first wave of citizens back into the city to get things back to normal. Everything that could go wrong DOES! I won't ruin the story for you ... :twisted:

28 WEEKS LATER is what ALIENS was to ALIEN. This is a tight action-packed no-holds-barred edge-of-your-fucking-seat bloodbath from start to finish. I was completely blown away with this movie! You will not believe your eyes of the things you will see in this film. Is it scary? YES! Is it gory? OH, HELL YES! If you enjoyed the 2004 remake of DAWN OF THE DEAD (Directed by Zack Snyder of "300") then this is the movie for you! You will NOT be disappointed! The audience I was with (a packed theater) had a terrific reaction with all the scary parts. The music was extremely well-done - you'll actually FEEL the dread and horror! :shock:

I can't stress this enough ... GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!

5/5 stars!

10. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

Boyle is a producer on this. 28 Weeks is directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo who apparently had some critical/award praise with "Intacto" which I have not seen.

Colton,
    Glad to hear your positive review. I'm looking forward to this one too!

-EJ

11. Tyson

Tyson New Member

Definitely looking forward to this one.

I really enjoyed the first, though I agree with Paul that it loses it's punch once the Army enters the picture.

Seems like this remake is going to be good and we already have one very enthusiastic thumbs up from Colton.

12. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

I had no interest in seeing 28 'days'...but the trailer for 28 'weeks' has made me think I may want to revisit that. I wonder if they'll make a 28 'months'?

13. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

I had the same reaction. Check out my post here:
    http://hometheaterlounge.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=113

-EJ

14. stephenj

stephenj Active Member

I saw 28 weeks today.. they did a nice job with it, scary and suspenseful, and brutal, just like the first one.

if you liked 28 days, you'll like this too.

15. Colton

The helicopter mowing the Infected down in the field was SICK!!! (Loved it!)

16. stephenj

stephenj Active Member

yes ... and overall the sfx and production values were quite good. didn't look like a low-budget pic, yet still managed to maintain the grittiness of the first flick. a well done sequel.

17. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

My wife and I caught this yesterday. We hadn't seen the 28 Days until I rented it last week. The trailers for 28 Weeks are what got us interested. As already mentioned by Colton and stephenj it does not disappoint. It carries over the dread from the original very well and it's quite intense and bloody. My only complaint is it might be too much of a downer. 28 Days did an excellent job of going from extreme horror to very quite little moments that were almost idilic. 28 Weeks is totally bombastic once it winds up. The "Chopper" scene was one of the sickest things I've ever seen in a movie (yet I also enjoyed it).

My Ratings
    28 Days Later - Full price level
    28 Weeks Later - Matinee level

-EJ

18. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

"Intacto" is very good. Worth a rental. (subtitles - you are warned) :wink: