Alli - the first FDA approved over-the-counter diet pill

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Denton, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

In recent years drug companies have become increasingly ingenious in getting their products approved for OTC (over the counter) use and sale. When the patent ran out on Motrin the manufacturer got it approved for OTC sale, at half the previous prescription dose. (We all know that no one can multiply 200 mg X 2 and get 400 mg.) :roll: Other NSAIDs and stomach acid control drugs (Pepcid, Prilosec, etc) have been sold the same way. Now we have Alli which turns out (surprise!!) to be one half the prescription dose of Xenical. Read and enjoy the side effects of this concoction...

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyl...ight__see_nah_consumers_scarf_up_new_d-1.html

Jumpin Jack Flash!! It's a gas gas gas!! :lol:

2. Chris White

Chris White New Member

In case you were wondering about the side effects...
    Oh heck no, why would anyone find that disturbing? :roll:

What was wrong with good ol' amphetamines?

3. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I guess Motrin had higher prescription strengths... I took 800mg Motrin back in the 1980's.

- Steve

4. Steve Tannehill

The 1970s were different times. There were different standards of medical treatment, and some doctors prescribed amphetamines. End of story.

There is no diet drug.

Food is the drug. The only way to combat it is through choice and moderation.

- Steve

5. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Motrin is still available as a prescription medication in strengths of 400, 600 and 800 mg.

6. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

7. Stefan

Stefan Active Member War Zone Member

Well, that makes it all better

8. chad

chad Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

What if you already have gas, will it counter the gas or make you have more of it?

9. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Active Member War Zone Member

SHC or Spontaneous Human Combustion for the lay people (pun intended). In fact, that little tidbit was conveniently forgotten but was factored in to the weight loss data. Let's see, subject A started at 235 lbs and lost no weight but subject B (we'll call him Smokey) started the diet at 240 lbs and, thanks to SHC, now tilts the scales at a svelte 2 lbs. OK, the wind got hold of some of him before they actually got him on the scale but hey, that's a very significant change.

In a related story:
    Smokey's wife, Smores, on the same diet drug, died in the explosion that ensued after trying to put old Smokey out. Seemed she turned to fetch a blanket from the floor and upon leaning over, released some gas. The ensuing explosion ripped thru the normally quiet suburban neighborhood. Neighbors claim this all started when Smores was overheard asking Smokey "Does this make me look fat?" :)

Pete

10. Steve Tannehill

:lol:

In related news, an Oklahoma man was arrested for shooting a bazooka at a yard sign.

- Steve

11. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

I told you I wanted that damn sign off my property!

12. Steve Tannehill

Yes, but it was fortunate they got to you before you started using the Alli-induced flame thrower.

- Steve