1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Amazing SawStop

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Chris Smith, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

2. cjd

cjd New Member

Yeah...

and it would have done nothing at all to help with my injury.

Blade injuries happen because you're not paying ANY attention, or are going "I really shouldn't be doing this" the whole time.

Most table saw injuries are of this variety, so this saw is probably a good thing.

The worst injuries, however, are kickback related.

3. Rich Kraus

Rich Kraus New Member

im not sure this is all it could be.

i think a healthy dose of fear/respect for a big saw is a good thing. makes you remember your push sticks and feather boards.

4. Drew

Drew Active Member War Zone Member

I think losing a finger might be a little over the top for learning a lesson. :wink:

5. Eric

Eric Active Member

Well, just keep your eyes open. That way, you can watch where your fingers fly after hitting the blade. Pick 'em up (with your other hand, obviously) and make a trip to the emergency room. :lol:

6. Dustin B

Dustin B Active Member War Zone Member

I do think the SawStop is very cool but also agree that kick back is the biggest danger with table saws. As a result I'm a bigger fan of the Eurekazone EZ system. Inventor calls it the dead wood concept. He's still improving the designs and making it more versatile. The great thing is though he offers free exchanges (well you pay the shipping to him) to upgrade any part he sells if he comes out with a better equivalent part.

Some videos of setting it up and it in action.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=59456
    http://www.eurekazone.com

Hopefully by the end of the year I'll have a new table built that uses a tablesaw fence and his bridge system at which point I'll sell my table saw and be glad to see it gone.