1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

American Idol - A guilty pleasure ;)

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Jason Lorette, May 8, 2007.

1. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

To pick up where I left off...I'm watching this right now...Jordin is still my pick to win...

Get your idol fix here... ;)

Jason

2. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Just got home from a wasted 2hr and 20 min of Spiderman 3. :roll: <--well deserved!!

I'll check AI out on TiVo and see how well Jordin kicks some butt this week.

3. Jason Lorette

...and my correct predictions continue...

We are down to the final three...

3. Blake
    2. Melinda
    1. Jordan

I stated last that Blake and Lakisha are interchangeable and Lakisha got the boot this week...and either one deserved to go...it had to be one. Unless something catastrophic happens I think Blake is gone next week with a battle between Melinda and Jordan in the end.

Jason

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I really hope Blake wins. He's the only person left that I like. Melinda has a great voice objectively but just doesn't do anything for me. She learned how to sing in church and that's what she sounds like. Not that that's bad but its just not a very unique situation frankly.

5. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

I pick Jordin to win.

6. brianca

brianca New Member

I like that logic. My wife does the same with all the pegeants that she likes to watch.

I predict:

3. Jordan
    2, Blake
    1. Melinda

PS- Blake, Jordan, and Melinda are interchangable at this point. ;)

7. Jason Lorette

Jordan and Melinda to battle it out! CJ...just because she said she liked mmm-Bop you're gonna say bye to Jordan...yeesh man....we all have our flaws. :lol:

Jason

8. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Hahah, I was joking, but seriously, have you heard the song?

9. Jason Lorette

LOL...unfortunately...yes, yes I have. :p

Melinda was amazing last night...but still caters to an older/adult contemp crowd...Blake is just annoying...every song sounds the same...and the beat boxing, every song uuugh! Jordan is my favorite, but then again, Chris Daughtry was my pick last year...and he got voted out, but he has also had higher record sales than the winner and runner up from last year! ;)

Jason

10. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

I'm with Jason. I think Jordin (pssst it's Jordin, not Jordan) will come out on top even if she doesn't win A.I., just like Chris did. He was my pick for last year too. It's probably a good thing he didn't win, he got to make his cd his way and had much more control over it. And look where that got him. For that I'm actually thankful he didn't win. I love his cd.

11. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

That's why I don't want Blake to actually win.

12. Jason Lorette

You really like Blake that much? I find him boring...no real range to his voice, songs sound the same, and that beat boxing is annoying in 'every' song.

Jason

13. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

But that is his "thing" it is really the only thing that sets him apart from the other contestants.

I thought what he did with You Give Love a Bad Name a couple weeks ago was a masterstroke. Easily the perrformance of the night IMO.

But I agree, on pure vocals, he is not in the same league as most of the other contestants...

14. brianca

brianca New Member

Rewatch last night and you'll see that he didn't beatbox in every song. I also agree that it's kind of his thing, and an amazing talent that he should use. It reminds me of when a great guitar player breaks off to do a solo album and tries to do a very band focused effort to show that he's more than a guitar hero. I always sucks becuase he's holding back on his true gift.

My wife was deeply into the cure and the rest of the PIB scene and she loves him. He turns every song into that genre with his voice.

15. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

Take this even a step further, rewatch the whole season. He had a stretch where he went I think six weeks without doing any beatboxing and only did vocals.

As for last night, his beat boxing in the second two songs was very minimal and really added to the flavor of the music.

I look at it this way, not liking Blake doing some beat boxing in his songs is no different than not liking the majority of singers who add runs to all their songs. :)

16. Jason Lorette

The only time I really liked Blake was when he got really creative with the Bon Jovi song...other than that he just does nothing for me...IMHO he is not even in the same league as Melinda & Jordin...but we'll see, if Jordin turns into a Daughtry (lose but be more successful than the winner) I'd be fine with that too.

Jason

17. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

I understand where you are coming from... I personally found him to be more entertaining than most anyone who left before him (Sanjaya excepted :) )

18. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

I agree, Melinda and Jordin are both more talented vocally but Blake is the superior entertainer. I actually predict Jordin to win it all. Blake has already accomplished what he needed to do and winning American Idol might actually be more hurtful to him than helpful.

19. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

I predict Melinda wont have to win this thing to go somewhere...

20. Jason Lorette

Jordin = Kelly Clarkson / Carrie Underwood

Melinda = a league of her own...not really comparable to another idol winner.

Blake = will have longevity of maybe a Clay Aiken (one album and then fade from fancy/memory)