1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

An Island for Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale/Trade Lounge (members)' started by claud, May 5, 2016.

1. claud

claud Well-Known Member

Almost new ALO Island. I paid $299 plus $20 for the fancy interconnect, plus shipping. Its a DAC and amp in one component. http://headfonics.com/2013/10/the-island-by-alo-audio/ for a professional review of the Island.
    Price is $125 plus shipping. Works with Mac and MS Windows computers.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  2. claud

claud Well-Known Member

I have begun to think that you guys do not know what this is. Most computers come with a 75 cent to a $1.25 cent DAC(digital analogue converter). It sounds ok at best. This Island is a much better audiophile grade DAC and an amp combined. It gets its power from the USB port on your computer, so it only has one cord. Please notice that it has a 3.5 mm plug (the little one like on your phone and iPod) socket as well as a balanced one. If you listen to music on your computer, you will be happy with the Island.

3. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Active Member

Your suspicions were correct at least as far as my ignorance.

4. claud

claud Well-Known Member

Sold

5. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I knew what it was but probably didn't help others that all the photos were missing.

6. claud

claud Well-Known Member

What do you mean, the photos were missing? Oh yea, I deleted them from Photobucket

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016