1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

And the Halo3 Killer is...

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Mike Parent, May 24, 2007.

1. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

... this may be contentious, especially as I have never played any Halo (including the beta of 3), but honestly Halo just looks like "more of the same". Just another update of Unreal Tournament or Quake 3 Arena.

I think that Team Fortress 2 is poised to be the coolest and "funnest" multiplayer experience ever.

Check out this article on the classes

2. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I don't even remember if I played Halo 2 to the end. I've played Halo through maybe 3-4 times, I just never got into Halo 2, just more of the same thing. On the DVD making of they even say the game is just 5 seconds of the same thing, over and over again. Multiplayer is where it's at though.

3. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Team Fortress 2 could be one hell of a fun multi-player experience. I am looking forward to this one.

4. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

I *love* the artwork direction they have taken:

Team_Fortress_2_Group_Photo.jpg

Have you seen the interview they did with the "Heavy"?
    Interview Funny shit :)

5. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

I've been of the opinion for a while that TF2 will be the best multiplayer experience this Fall. It is Valve after all.

6. Shane

Shane Active Member

If you have played Team Fortress you will realize unless they really REALLY REALLY UPGRADE it and fix the issues, that it won't be even close to a Halo killer.

Killzone 2 could be as I would also throw in Half Life: Orange.

7. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

Team Fortress 2 *is* the multiplayer part of the Half Life Orange box set. And Killzone is for the PS3 only... I am talking about 360-stuff...

8. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Wasn't the first Killzone a bit of a turd (moreso then the first Team Fortress)? I thought the hype around Killzone 2 was all generated from the CGI movie that Sony showed like 2 years ago.

EDIT: Per Gamerankings.com the original Killzone scored 73.2% while Team Fortress Classis is at 86.0% The complaint around Killzone were that it simply did not live up to the hype as a "Halo killer".

9. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

I love the Halo 3 beta. It is exceeds in the graphics and multiplayer gameplay. I love the new variety of weapons and grenades. You can personalize your spartan so much more now. Just a few things that are not availible on the Beta that I hope to see in the game.

10. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

Actually that's one thing I kind of think is lame about Halo is that basically everyone looks the same except for color. Even UT had different characters...

11. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

Well you could be an Elite. :wink: