1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Any good "toys" out there around $50

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by NathanP, Jun 10, 2007.

1. NathanP

NathanP New Member

Hey guys.. been awhile since I treated myself. Been saving, paying bills, gas, and meals, no toys recently. I have about $50 set aside for a new toy.. What should I get? Something electronic.. computer game, xbox game, gadget, etc..

Anyone?

2. NathanP

NathanP New Member

Maybe a used Tivo + Service?

3. Saurav

Saurav Active Member War Zone Member

4. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

5. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Do you have one of those spiffy radio clocks that sets itself to the cesium clock in Boulder CO?

6. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

7. Shane

Shane Active Member

Not knowing what equipment you have(Xbox, xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, Nintendo DS, type of computer) it's hard to recommend that stuff.

The xbox is essentially dead so there's nothing new coming. For the PC, the newest titles are Lord of the Rings MMORPG and STALKER both of which require a hefty PC to play.

I would recommend a Radio Shack SPL meter if you don't have one for your home theater.

8. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I agree with Shane, get a spl meter if you don't already have one. If you do have one... put the 50 towards your fp fund. Or put it towards getting a ceiling mount or a long run of hdmi, something like that.

9. hgroff

hgroff New Member

I agree with Shane, get a spl meter if you don't already have one. If you do have one... put the 50 towards your fp fund. Or put it towards getting a ceiling mount or a long run of hdmi, something like that.

Great idea's above. Or how about a lesser priced Harmony remote....

10. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

Screw that. Preorder Halo 3. Bam. ;)

11. Shane

Shane Active Member

What if you don't have a 360? Doh!

12. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

Saurav beat me to it.

13. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Larry, I know you typed it right, but, at first it read "Saurav beat me with it"

I know you were a close group at HTT but damn!

14. Saurav

Saurav Active Member War Zone Member

Larry's too old for me. And I think I'm too old for Larry too.

15. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

LOL. It's true - - I never date men your age. ;)