*April Monthly Movie Drawing: Split*

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by CJ, Apr 6, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

81DqCh24TbL._SX385_.jpg

1) Any registered member of Home Theater Lounge is eligible to win the monthly drawing.
    2) To enter you must answer the question: What is your favorite M. Night Shyamalan movie?
    3) Members may win up to 2 drawings per year.
    4) The winner will receive the movie being offered in that month's drawing, no substitutions or gift cards.

2. Well, 6th Sense was original, and still holds up, but Unbreakable is when he really hit it. After that, it was mostly downhill, although The Village wasn't all bad, better than Signs, and not catastrophic like Lady In The Water. After that turd, I gave up, but this baby seems to indicate he's back, so UNBREAKABLE it is!

CJ likes this.
  3. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

6th Sense

4. Phil A

Phil A Active Member Top Poster

6th sense for me

5. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Unbreakable for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

6. Phil Rose

Phil Rose Member

What was that awful thing that had the plants killing off people? The Village? Signs was better than that "thing".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

The plants one was "The Happening". I actually legitimately like all his movies up to and including Lady in the Water. I know many people dropped off before that but he didn't really lose me until The Happening. I never saw Devil. After Earth and The Last Airbender were terrible, both of which piss me off because I think they could have been good. I've heard The Visit is pretty solid and Split ended up at 75% fresh on RT.

8. Phil Rose

Phil Rose Member

That's good to hear that Split was rated that high. Maybe it's a sign of things to come!

9. Tex Thai

Tex Thai Member

I have the utmost respect for Shyamalan!!!! Like most of his movies and LOVED "Signs"!!!!
    There is a problem with movies which have a point, and sometimes those work better than others. But even when I go back and watch "After Earth" again, and after I get over the famous actor's kid that can't act, the production values and point carry the movie into the realm of 'good, decent movie and better than the rubbish I usually watch'.
    Put me down for Signs please. Course it could have been "I see dead people" but my wife sez to me only minutes into the movie, Bruce Willis is dead!!!!
    AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

10. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

After Earth could have been really good without Jayden and I'm not sure it NEEDED Will.

11. Tex Thai

Tex Thai Member

So you are saying there was at least one too many Pinkett-Smiths in the movie, maybe two????? AGREED!!!!!

12. ChristopherG

ChristopherG New Member

I'm going to with "The Visit". The strangeness of the evolution of what initially seems like kindly grandparents into some really wacky behavior was jarring...

13. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Last few days to register!

Tex Thai likes this.
  14. I liked The Village. *ducks*

CJ likes this.
  15. JKim

JKim New Member

Unbreakable for me!

CJ likes this.
  16. roque0716

roque0716 New Member

I think it's Split now, it used to be The Sixth Sense. Split is an amazing movie, from the acting to the overall atmosphere. His best work for sure.

17. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

The Sixth Sense was mine. Didn't know there was going to be a plot twist when I saw it the first time and it blew my mind. Now that you know there's going to be one in his movies, you're waiting to see it instead of enjoying it when it happens (at least to me.)

18. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

[QUOTEWhat is your favorite M. Night Shyamalan movie?][/QUOTE]

"The Sixth Sense" is my fav. But "Split" was really good. :)

19. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Drawing from
    1. Mikael
    2. Claud
    3. Phil A
    4. Barry
    5. Phil Rose
    6. Wayne (Tex)
    7. Travis
    8. JKim
    9. Roque
    10. Chris Smith
    11. Denton
    And the winner is: @roque0716

PM me an address and I'll get it sent out.

roque0716 and Travis Ballstadt like this.
  20. roque0716

roque0716 New Member

That's awesome! I don't have enough posts to pm you. Could you pm me so I can send you my address please.