1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Awesome memories of old school gaming

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Jeff, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Jeff

Jeff New Member

2. Stefan

Stefan Active Member War Zone Member

Yes, good memories of long carefree hours in my local arcade.

Stefan

3. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

I like many of those games, but I spent more quarters on Street Fighter 2 then any other arcade game.

4. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

My main addiction was a less popular game called "Star Castle"... anyone remember that one?

5. Alfer

Alfer New Member

I was all about Asteroids, Space Invaders, and towards the end of my fascination with video games, Tempest.

:)

6. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Yeah I did some old school gaming and some of my favs were Sinistar, Q-bert, and Galaga.

Max

7. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Loved that one.

There was one where you drove a tank. It had Asteroid type graphics, and dang it, I can't remember the name. I played that one alot.

8. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

BattleZone - another favourite of mine...

I keep hoping they will do a nice version of that for XBLA

9. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Battlezone?? I think I remember it as having green outlined sorta 3 dimensional look to the tanks?

10. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

YEP, that's it. Was it Battlezone? I haven't a clue.

11. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

12. Max Yokell

CJ,
    You know there is a game oddly similar to what that page described on Xbox Live called Feeding Frenzy and I think there is a PC version at http://www.popcap.com/games/feedingfrenzy2.

BTW when you click the link it takes you to a page about real sharks I had to cut and paste to get to the link on the game. Not sure why though.

Max

Edit I changed the link from Popcap.com to the exact site for the game.

13. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

Galaga is my favorite from the ones you guys have mentioned. I wasn't there for the whole quarter thing. But maybe in the future I get to brag I only paid 50-60 bucks for my games.

14. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Old school gaming to Drew is Halo 1 ;)

15. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

LOL.

No old school gaming for me is Sonic on my Sega Genisis or Mario and Duck Hunt on Nintendo!!! During Duck Hunt I wanted to shoot the dog not the birds.

16. Max Yokell

Tried fixing your link but nothing I tried seemed to work.

Odd.

17. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

18. Matt Johnson

Matt Johnson New Member

I was (and am) a huge Galaga fan. I went to college in the mid 90's and they still had them in the arcade and they had the "fast" chip where you could shoot faster. I hate the versions that are slower.

Same with Ms. Pacman...I hate it when it's slow.

Anyone seen the combo Ms.Pacman/Galaga new arcade games out there? I'd love to have one of those at home.

For some reason, it's just not the same on a gaming system as having the joystick and standing up.