Back to the Projector Question

Discussion in 'Hardware Lounge' started by Max Yokell, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Ok now moving towards a projector, and my research as pretty much said the JVC is a KICK ASS 1080P projector but that there are supply problems and you can end up waiting a long time for one.

Then I had one guy tell me the way to go was an LCD 1080P projector and that this was better then the Pearl or the DLP 1080p units.

Need some advice here again

Max

2. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Talk to Larry offline (PM) about the Sony PJs.

3. RickG

RickG New Member

If you're ok with 720p, I think Costco still has some of the Sharp 12kMkII's. Great deal for the money. I have soured on LCD. I can't stand the possibility of dust blobs anymore. If there was an LCD with a sealed light path... maybe.

On the JVC though, if you're willing to spend that kind of money, then I would wait for it.

4. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

:?:

Are we not worthy to hear this info?

5. CJ

CJ Bronze Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Larry has a friend who's not real happy with his Ruby. I didn't want this to turn into a bashing session plus its anecdotal. Didn't intend to be secretive.

6. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

Lest anyone think there is a conspiracy underfoot, I happened to mention to CJ on the telephone the other day that I friend of mine had a severe failure on his Ruby. He is sufficiently dissatisfied with it that he is (to use his own words) "done with Sony." He claimed that there is a class action suit but I have made no effort to confirm this.

Larry

7. John Gonzales

John Gonzales New Member

The JVC RS-1 is very, very, very nice. Price point is excellent too at ~ $6000. Black levels, contrast ratio, color rendition are amazing, pixel structure is extremely tight. Definitely a good value, I can't think of any other projector that beats it in the sub $10k region. Take a look at it if you get a chance. It'll be worth the wait.

But then again, what do I know... look at my low post count 8). If you don't get a chance to look at it in person, you can find reviews all over the place discussing it.

8. Max Yokell

John,
    I am hearing that it is fantastic but a min two month lead time from when you order it.

Max

9. John Gonzales

John Gonzales New Member

Negotiate a $12 discount on the projector purchase and use the money to buy a Candyland board game. That'll give you something to do while you're waiting :).

I can't believe your son is 2-1/2 years old already. Man, I was away from HTT for a while.

10. John Gonzales

John Gonzales New Member

I can check with an inside source to find out if availability is going to improve anytime soon. How soon were you hoping to install it?

By the way, did you notice the two separate posts to improve my post count in an effort to appear more intelligent? ;)

11. Max Yokell

Looks like you are catching on, besides if post count really meant anything then that would mean Alfer was a wealth of information.

I was actually thinking I would be out of town the first week and some of July and hoping that my wallet might be looking a little better when I got back and then would be looking to add the receiver and projector middle to end of July.

Currently I am hearing that people who ordered in early May are still waiting.

Max

12. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

Cracking me up...

:lol: