Bald Eagle

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Tom R S 4, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

On CNN this morning they said today the bald eagle is being removed from the endangered species list. I know I brought up the question of the status on the endangered species list not to long ago, but I did a search and didn't see it. Just thought I'd share this tidbit.

2. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

[​IMG]

PH2006102700417.jpg

3. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Why am I left with an impression of Elmer Fudd rubbing his hands together with a look of glee on his face. :)

4. chad

chad Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I love bald eagles, they taste like chicken!

5. cjd

cjd New Member

The reason it's now being pulled:

some developers that want to take out trees where eagles nest sued.

6. Tom R S 4

Translation:

The bald eagle should have been taken off the endangered species list some time ago, but for 'certain reasons' was allowed to remain on the list. A development was not allowed to proceed due to the location of an eagles' nest, and it was finally worthwhile for a developer to correct the situation. Once a lawsuit was brought into play, the issue was forced, and the bald eagle was rightfully removed from the endangered species list.

7. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

You can't shoot the National Symbol! Maybe it's no longer endangered, but the Bald Eagle should get Secret Service protection. :)

8. John Beavers

John Beavers Active Member War Zone Member

I side with Benjamin Franklin...to quote:

Of course considering my love for Turkey sandwiches...well maybe it was wise they overruled dear Franklin :wink:

9. Shane

Shane Active Member

Regardless if it's on the endangered species list, I would be shocked to know if it's actually legal to hunt a bald eagle. I would think it would be completely banned then again they allow flag burning...

10. Tom R S 4

There's a big difference between being allowed to hunt for sport vs. having to relocate a thoroughfare because of the location of breeding grounds.

11. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

Any word if the bald beaver is going extinct? I hope not. I thought I saw one recently ... ;)

12. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

13. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

It's not on the endangered species list, it's now on the 'threatened' list. And there have been a few species on that list that have been hunted, always in very specific locations (an animal may be rare in an overall sense but may have local overpopulations) and under a lot of scrutiny.

14. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

Not legal to hunt or shoot eagles.

15. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Which is why Dick Cheney won't go hunting with Don Henley.

16. Chris White

Chris White New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

17. John F

John F Active Member War Zone Member

I think in my state, that you cannot "hunt" any animal you want. There is a list of animals that you are allowed to hunt (for example, deer are on the list, cats are not), and since the Bald Eagle isn't on the hunting list, I couldn't "hunt" it?