1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Battlestar Galactica

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Hayes Preston, May 11, 2007.

1. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston Member

I will start by saying that BSG is currently my favorite TV show, granted it has had it's ups and downs, but overall I think it is amazing, (I know I sound like Dwight Shcrute)

here's some bittersweet news:

http://ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=4445

2. hgroff

hgroff New Member

Interesting article, thanks

Its funny I am a big fan but I dont catch every show, even though I know that causes gaps in my understanding of whats going on. For some reason my attention span waivers on this show.The article has inspired me to watch the last season more consistantly. Of course the last time Galactica found earth the show became even more cheesy than the 1980 show already was. :roll: :roll:

3. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston Member

I would assume that the final shot of the fourth season will be Galactica and the fleet jumping into orbit around Earth, no need to remake the cheese that was Galactica 1980

4. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

I don't think it will end that simply...not by a long shot...

JL

5. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

I thought that was already known?

Next year will be the last season. Plus we have to wait until 2008 before it even starts!

I am anxiously awaiting Season 1 (including the min-series) on HD DVD!

6. hgroff

hgroff New Member

HD-DVD, yes I would love to watch not just season one but one, two and three on HD-dvd, during a two week home theater marathon. Wouldnt that be cool.......

7. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

Big fan here... I had no idea they'd plan to call it quits next season... Bummer.

Anyone else tired of the eye rolls you get when you tell a someone its the best show on TV? I've made many a believer by loaning out my DVD sets.

-EJ

8. Jason Lorette

Most people don't understand the drama involved dealing with the 'human' aspects of life...they just hear "battlestar Galactica" and it's "oh it's sci-fi...yuck".

They don't take the time to realize what an amazingly well written drama it really is.

Jason

9. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

So true... I usually try to dispell the reluctance by describing it as a political/war drama that just happens to occur in space.

-EJ

10. Jason Lorette

11. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Season 1 on HD DVD is my most anticipated release of the holiday season.

12. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II New Member

Already set the DirecTivo to get this one!

Yippee!

13. Jason Lorette

I can't wait...have you wathced all the 'clips' on scifi?

14. Jason Lorette

Battlestar Returns April 4th on the Space Channel for the final season (booo) up here in Canada!

15. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

What the Frak is going on? 8 minute series recap for those who would like to catch up or be reminded as to how we got to season 4 (Fans should check this out it's quite humorous in that sarcastic Starbuck sort of way)...Can't wait.

-EJ

16. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom New Member

The ending of S3 and the long layoff as made me quite ambivilant about this. I'll watch but S3 lowered my standards of what to expect.

17. Jason Lorette

Heretic! :blink:

18. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom New Member

Just call them as I see them. BSG was at its peak in S1. The move to 22 episodes from 13 weakened the story telling.

19. Jason Lorette

Ahh, but I think, after seeing Razor, they are going to redeem themselves this season!

20. brianca

brianca New Member

I've been entertained throughout. Best show on TV from day one IMO.