1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Be Careful at PHX Airport

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Guest, May 16, 2007.

1. If I was of the "hot coffee on lap" kind of suer, I'd look forward to prosperity... but I am not.

That said, I want to warn others of this problem. so they can avoid it and NOT sue over it.

I had to fly into Phoenix for a meeting and went via Continental.

My return flight to IAH had me leaving at 5:35p, but I got done with my meeting at noon... so I went to the airport early to try and catch an earlier flight.

Anyway, after not wanting to pay an additional $25 for changing to an earlier flight, I found a nice quiet corner of my gate area and leaned back onto the wall and slept.

I awoke to head skin pain and the smell of something burning....

As it turns out, the metal bars/dividers which connect the large wall panels were way, way too hot to touch.... and had burned my scalp while I was sleeping.

We are not talking anything more than minor blisters but, the bars were too hot to touch with your finger for more than a second.

Regardless, I warned other passengers as to the danger and and Continental gate crew, who seemed to not be suprised nor impressed, and moved to a better seat.

Has anyone who has traveled through PHX and visited gate area 6A through 8, noticed this problem during a bright sunny day?

Although I can't imagine most folks getting inujured by continuing contact with the metal bars long term, someone with a disabillity or disease state which renders their extremities as numb might be inujured?

2. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

How can you fall asleep and not feel the pain of your skin burning???

3. Fell asleep and apparently during that sleep, my head slumped back against the metal bar...? (this also gives me a reason for my mental lapses, I hope?) :D

Upon reading on your drug current use/history... seems like you would could easily understand this...? ;)

4. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

A whole lot of those little airline alcohol bottles?

5. Been there, done that.
    Nope... been sober for a long time now.... and NEVER miss a meeting.

Got upgraded to first class and wondered... WHY? Ended up sleeping most of the flights too.