1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Beautiful shuttle launch

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Denton, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Yesterday's launch was wonderful to behold. The 7:38 PM launch time gave us, well over an hour away, an excellent view even without binoculars. I could see separation with my bare eyes. The sun shown off the shuttle for some time after that making it easy to follow. And then the rumbling caught up to us. :D My father got to see this one from his driveway, much closer than ours. "Space truck", my ass! :wink:

2. Chris White

Chris White New Member

I miss seeing shuttle launches. We used to sit out in the back yard and watch them. Those late in the afternoon were spectacular.

3. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

4. Eric

Eric Active Member

Yeah, we were out on a boat on the Banana River. About as close as you could legally get. I've got some pics, but haven't uploaded them yet. It was awesome.