1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bedroom HT

Discussion in 'Picture Show' started by Mike B, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

This project went much smoother than the living room system - :)

The little Vizio TV works good and outputs TOSLINK to the Logitech Z-680. The Pioneer DVD fits perfect and leaves enough room for the Logitech 600 remote that runs it all. The remote I found on closeout sale for $30, what a deal - :) The Vizio is the first TV I've seen with no controls on it, everthing must be done via remote.

8083227507_1398c4c937_o.jpg

Much better picture than the old CRT with the built in DVD.

The turntable is connected by SPDIF.

One down, one to go.

2. Bill Stratton

Bill Stratton New Member

Looks like a comfy little setup there! Enjoy.

3. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member

Those Logitech Z680's are a great set of 5.1 speakers. I've had them hooked up to my computer via optical digital, and they can really put out clean sound.

4. Mike B

Yeah Baby!

These things were a stupid good deal too for the $200 they went for. Amazing.

That's what got me interested in the Tang Band drivers. Don't know if that's what is in there, but it sure looks like TB.

5. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member

I recall paying more than that. Got them at Comp USA back when it was a viable concern.

6. Mike B

You are probabily right, it was a long time ago. Maybe $400?

I stripped out all the parts and built my own sub.

backbox.jpg

peerboxg1.jpg