1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Black Mirror (Netflix original)

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by CJ, Mar 15, 2017.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Is anyone watching this? Its a bit like a mini-series as the seasons consist of a few, hour-long episodes. Also each episode is stand alone. There is no continuity of story or characters. Its a bit like an updated take on The Twilight Zone in that each episode usually ends with a somewhat horrific reveal. I'm really enjoying it. A few coworkers have been nagging me for months to check it out so I started watching it this week on a work trip.

2. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

I have watched them all. Hits and misses, but the hits are really mind-blowers. I thought San Junipero was fucking fantastic.

3. CJ

I haven't gotten to that one yet. I finished White Bear last night and started the one with the cartoon and the politician. Haven't finished it yet.

4. jasn

jasn Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

I've only watched the first season and liked it a lot. Been meaning to catch up. Thanks for the reminder CJ.

5. CJ

I finished the series. It was really good. Totally up my alley. The good episodes were really thought provoking and even the lesser ones were still compelling. I'll be eagerly awaiting the next installment.

6. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Active Member Top Poster

Added to my watch list...

7. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Active Member

I've been meaning to check this show out

8. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

Added to my streaming queue.

9. CJ

10. Dustin B

Dustin B Active Member War Zone Member

I had to go find the articles listing his claimed predictions coming true after looking at that article. They were quite laughable. I've got 3 epsidoes left in season 3. Nothing I've seen has been an original idea tech wise. The link between the cartoon and Trump is quite a stretch.

I saw the series as taking a tech concept or some other facet of modern life and doing a great job of taking it to an extreme. The ones that really worked vicerally hit home how terribly wrong things could go (
    torturing a digital copy of yourself to be your slave
    ). The ones that didn't were mostly still thought provoking.

11. Dustin B

Dustin B Active Member War Zone Member

All of the final three episodes of season three were great. San Juniper was not what I expected given the rest of the series. Men against fire was soo bleek. Hated in the nation was wow.

12. CJ

Yeah, all great. San Junipero seems to be one of the favorites here at the office. I liked all the ones you named pretty well. I thought Shut up and Dance was pretty interesting.