1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bones

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Jason Lorette, May 10, 2007.

1. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

A spot for the "Bones" fans: A little perspective for others...

" The series is very loosely based on the Dr. Temperance Brennan character created in a series of novels by real-life forensic anthropologist Kathy Reichs, who is herself a producer on the show. The program is a mystery/thriller, telling the story of a series of case files, solved weekly, by an unlikely alliance between Dr. Temperance Brennan's forensic anthropology team at the Jeffersonian Institution (a thinly veiled Smithsonian Institution) and the FBI. Dr. Brennan's team provides scientific expertise and an outsider perspective to the world of criminal investigation to the FBI. However, this causes an often strained relationship between the two as they don't always understand one another. Nevertheless, the results are better than either side of the team could accomplish on their own.

There are few similarities between the characters in the television series and Kathy Reichs' novels. While the characters may share the same name with the characters in the novels, none of their life histories or characteristics match. The credits for the show state that it is based on the work of Kathy Reichs but say nothing about her novels.

Juxtaposing reality, the on-screen Temperance Brennan moonlights as an author, writing about the adventures of a fictional forensic anthropologist named Kathy Reichs."

Solid episode...and Angela finally said yes to Hodgins...you felt for the guy. It'll be funny to see Billy Gibbons walk Angela down the aisle when they get married.

Jason

2. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan New Member

I am actually looking forward to the wedding, the previews looked very funny.

3. Jason Lorette

Ditto...it could be a great episode...especially for fans of the show that have been there since the beginning.

Jason

4. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member

I thought the episode was good. I have a question in regards to agent booth, isn't he dating Dr. Camille?

5. Jason Lorette

They 'were'...they are no longer...that happened a while back...can't remember the exact episode.

Loved Billy Gibbons line..."I've got cars, guitars, and guns...treat my little girl right...and you'll only see the business end of the first two!" Love it!

Jason

6. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan New Member

I think Booth is still doing Cam every once in a while.

B. Gibbons was good. He left the wedding after giving Angela away "I've got a show"

I like the Cajun Lawyer Lady who told them to run. :lol:

Ryan O. was good I wonder how many more shows he will do.

7. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member

OK! anyone watched the season finally. I was shocked how it ended. Dr. Addy what where you thinking!!! I can't believe he is guilty. I liked Addy's character . It is going to be hard to adjust.

8. Jason Lorette

Agreed Jerry...I was very surprised...expected it to be some 'security guard' or something in the museum...not Zack, wow!

9. Matt J_S

Matt J_S New Member

Big bones fan and I'm just happy it wasn't Dr. Sweets I love that character lol. I think Zack is replacable his character to me got a little annoying. I expect they will have the guy that filled in for him while he was in Iraq take over his spot.

Only sad part about the story arc was how trimmed it was due to the strike, from the sounds of it there was going to be some significant build up for it. Also it appears we'll see Zack next year in a couple of episodes.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2008
  10. Jason Lorette

I can see Bones visiting him in jail...picking his brain...trying to understand why he did what he did.