1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bought / watched Caddyshack tonight.

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by chad, Jun 5, 2007.

1. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member

I had the urge today to pick up an HD copy of Smokey and the Bandit. I went to two Best Buy stores and the only Wal Mart that I know of that sells HD titles, none to be found. I was pretty bummed out. Target and Meijer did not have them this past weekend so I did not go back to check.

While at my second Best Buy I went ahead and picked up Caddyshack. I have always gotten a kick out of this movie and remembered reading about how wonderful the new image is and how it defines HD. There were some pretty sweet images but at the same time, there were some images with so much noise or grain or whatever it was that it was hard to see what was going on. Why cant they make the WHOLE movie look good instead of half of it?

I might as well go on with my rant!

Why is it that they make the images on the little HD demo look so wonderful but the movie does not quite stand up? I could not tell much if any difference between SD and HD Tomb Raider but on one of the HD demo's I have seen Tomb Raider looked amazing.

One last thing..

The insert that came with Caddyshack had Shawshank listed as one of the released titles... I know its not out there, but, I would pay extra for it!

2. Greg W

Greg W New Member

Ooo....I'd pay extra for Shawshank, too. For two, in fact, my aunt loves it.