Buffalo Wild Wings

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Shane, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Shane

Shane Active Member

I tried this new place(here atleast) called Buffalo Wild Wings. At the other Wing places I usually order "Hot" which is 2 levels below the top. Above that and it's just hot with no flavor.

I order hot this time and it was too hot. The flavor was still good but it was just too hot for me. I'll take a step down next time.

I found the place to be MORE expensive by a good margin and they tend to nickle and dime you on the other stuff. For instance they charge you $.50 for ranch/Blu cheese and celery and they don't include fries with their meals. So a full meal ends up around $11 for 8 wings(if you prefer boneless like I do) plus tip.

I'll go back once in a while because the flavor was better but at almost double the cost I have to think twice.

2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Yeah we saw that place last time we were at the nearby Lowes...may have to try it..although it does sound a bit pricey for the kind of food they serve.

3. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

They have good wings, but everything else kind of sucks.

I generally got for getting done in Med and then get a couple of different blends of hot on the side for dipping. Their hot can be really hot.

If yours is like ours, then everything other then the wings won't be very good.

Max

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Well if that's the case, I may just have to skip it and stick to good old fashioned BBQ places etc....at least several here have lots of other good things on the menu.

:)

5. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

I love BWW ... I always order the boneless chicken wings with the BLAZIN' (the hottest you can get) sauce. :)

6. Shane

Shane Active Member

Alfer,
    It is a wings place primarily and the only reason I'd visit. They do get bonus points for sweet tea.

My favorite wings place thus far is Wings To Go. There's a store next to the Reasors in BA. They are cheaper but the taste isn't quite as good but at half the price I'll take it.

I don't really see the point in going there to order anything else. It's like going to a burger joint to order chicken.

7. chad

chad Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Around her, even though it is B.W.W folks call it BW3. I once asked a waitress why the 3. She said that in some states it is Buffalo Wild Wings and some other word that started with a W. It was a style of the bun used on their burgers. I have always called it B dub... I enjoy going there. They have a great selection of beer and are often very quick to let you sample ( healthy size sample as well) beers you have not had before. I drank my "limit" just in samples there one night. I always get a dozen med. wings and Blue Moon.

8. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Yep, we call it BW3s. Its not JUST their wings that are good, but I would argue its just their chicken. If you get a chicken sandwich or anything chicken it will be good. I get the boneless wings because I like their sauces but don't like picking around bones.

9. Graeme

Graeme Active Member War Zone Member

I used to go to the one in Wrigleyville. Great wings, hot = hot! In Chicago they also call it BW3s, and the reason is the original name was Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck. No idea what Weck is. From their site, the original logo:
    [​IMG]

Graeme

10. Graeme

Hey hey, a quick check on "Weck" and we have an answer. From Wikipedia

Graeme

11. Chris White

Chris White New Member

Yikes. At that price I'd rather go to Hooters and watch the football game. ;)

12. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

Uh huh, sure ....

On a side note, my sister had one of these (B-dubs as they'd call it) in town of the college she went to (James Madison) and we'd go there when I would visit. Not bad, but I always thought they were a little expensive, although the one near her had good beer specials so it was a relatively cheap place to go drink. There's a local place near where I live that has outstanding wings, the only ones I've ever had I like better are my own.

13. Graeme

The wings are very good, and quite big. If you haven't been, you can't really comment.

I will say this, Hooters has the absolute worst fucking wings ever. EVER. To this day I avoid them like the plague for fear that I may accidentally eat one again.

Graeme

14. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I am with Graeme, Hooters wings SUCK!!!

15. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

All the investment is the breasts.