1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Canadian Dollar Approaches Par with USD!!!

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Graeme, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Graeme

Graeme Active Member War Zone Member

Source

Time to buy a bunch of crap from the US before the dollar, inevitably, tumbles.

Graeme

2. Randy Anderson

Randy Anderson New Member

Now if only those imported goods from the US would catch up in price. I can still buy a DVD from Amazon.com, have it shipped, pay the sales taxes and the exchange rate cheaper than amazon.ca. :shock:

3. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

All part of our master plan...the invasion continues....;)

4. Scott Hudson

Scott Hudson New Member

Cool.
    What do you say all us Canadians get together, pool our money, and buy that country just south us? I hear it's warmer there.

Except New Jersey of course.
    (You'll want to hang on to your passport Larry.)

;)

5. Graeme

Graeme Active Member War Zone Member

That's basically why I can't see it lasting long. Amazon.ca prices where they do because of the prices they get from the Canadian distributor.

Graeme

6. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

Yes, but Amazon.ca has ridiculous prices and shipping. I would never order anything from them.

FS is much better IMO

7. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I have no data or real understanding of the economics of the dollar. But I'm thinking that the dollar at these levels is not a good thing for us Canadians in general. A lower dollar means business in Canada can be cheaper fo U.S. companies, now there is one less incentive to do business here.

8. Randy Anderson

Randy Anderson New Member

If you can find the item at FS. Their choices for DVD's (classics) are poor at best. HMV is better, but the prices are pretty ugly.

As long as Canada keeps paying down its debt, the economy remains strong and the Republicans stay in office, the dollar will continue to rise. I predict on par or better within 2 years.

9. Marty Milton

Marty Milton New Member

Well, there go my vacation plans. It used to be so cool to convert $100 USD for $140 Canadian. It was like winning at the lottery. I do remember that when I was a kid in the 60s both dollars seemed to be on an equal level.