1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Carcassonne Hits XBLA on Wed.

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Troy Seufert, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

For those of you who picked up Settlers of Catan, this is another German Board game that is a lot of fun to play. It's a tile laying game wherein you try and form cities and roads to place your meeples on to gain points. It's only the basic game with the river expansion so two players should be able to complete a game in about 15 minutes.

The game supports 2-4 players and you can also play local multiplayer because there are no hidden pieces (like in Catan).

If any of you want to check the game out before purchasing, you can play it on brettspiel for free with all the expansions included.

BRETTSPIEL

2. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Thanks!

I need to check this out. I really like Catan, although I have been busy with Castlevania lately. :)

3. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

Michael,

I'll be picking it up. If anyone wants to learn how to play just drop me a message. It's a fairly simple game to learn, and the expansions really make it fun. It's going to be hard for me to play just the basic game I'm so used to playing with with the Traders/Builders and Inns/Cathedrals expansions.

4. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

I was playing Alien Hominid which is a fun(ny) game, though difficult.

Lately I have been playing Aegis Wing (which is also quite hard btw) and Mad Tracks because my son (3.5 years old) just *loves* it.

5. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

I didn't care much for Aegis Wing single player, but add another person or two and it's quite fun!

6. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair New Member

Given the many hours of fun I got from Catan, I'll likely get this. I'll certainly be playing the demo with an open mind.

7. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

Man, I forgot how small this game is without any of the expansions. I hope they release them soon. Game works great though. An excellent addition to the XBLA.