1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

CD ripping difficulty

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Erik, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Erik

Erik Member War Zone Member

I have one troublesome cd that I can not rip onto my computer. I have tried on several different programs, drives, and computers. The ripping process pops up time and sync errors in the program, and the resulting wav output is the music combined with static noise. Has anyone else had a similar problem or maybe a solution?

2. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

I haven't had this problem, but if all else fails my solution would be to use the analog outs of from a separate CD player. It's not as convenient, but it will work.

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Is this a physical problem (bad/scratched CD) or an encryption/copy protection problem? What album is it?

4. Erik

Erik Member War Zone Member

The cd is Still by Joy Division. There don't seem to be any serious or minor scratches of note. It could be copy protection I guess. I have three other Joy Division cds that had no issue though.