Coffee lovers ask Santa for this!

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by capsuleri, Dec 10, 2017.

1. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member War Zone Member

2. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

I just read that article to my wife and she said, "Why not? Let's order 2."

3. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

oh-tay...now.
    living large are we?

we all expect to read a write up:rolleyes:
    maybe an ABX compare & contrast.:eek:
    Break out that dusty thesaurus, flowery
    adjectives are de rigueur, avoiding
    needless contretemps:D.

lotsa emojis too:cool:

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I could see buying this. I suffer the same first world problem as the author. I'll hold off for now, maybe wait for David's endorsement. I've spent more on dumber things.

Carl V and DYohn like this.
  5. Dustin B

Dustin B Well-Known Member War Zone Member

Somewhat mixed reviews on Amazon. One noted that what temp the liquid is when you add it to the mug makes a big difference to how long it will keep it hot. Supposedly when it does the initial cooling it uses a state change material that stores the heat and then that is used to release it back in over time to keep it warm.

6. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

We will likely end up with them. Diane just noticed that they are apparently available at Starbucks, so now she's asking me to run up to get the mugs and to grab her a peppermint mocha latte (AKA, cup of candy) while I'm there. I said, but then we have to pay sales tax, and she said, OK, just get me the latte then. :)

7. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

A mug with an app and a battery? Nope. Not going there.

Carl V likes this.
  8. Carl V

Carl V Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

ah, but (SALT) state & Local taxes help your municipality, provides Local jobs, allow the franchise to pay it's taxes gives you a nice warm feeling.

DYohn likes this.
  9. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

I ordered the mugs. Interestingly, on Amazon they listed at $169 each. Direct from the manufacturer they were $79.95 plus free shipping. I read stories about Amazon sellers gouging for the holidays...

$80 for a thermally controlled coffee cup may seem extravagant, but we can afford it and it's fun to try new gizmos. I'm looking forward to posting my review and thanks capsuleri for posting the article!

10. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

I try not to buy anything in Mesa proper if I can avoid it. The Mesa Mormon city council has imposed the highest sales takes in the valley to pay for defending cops who murder innocent drunks in hotels.

11. capsuleri

capsuleri Well-Known Member War Zone Member

DY eagerly awaiting your review!

I think the cup will work better if it is prewarmed.

12. Mike B

Mike B Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Can I run it through the dishwasher?

13. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

No hand wash only according to their web site.

14. Phil Rose

Phil Rose Member

Got one for the wife and she used if for a few days then noticed that the ceramic coating inside was coming off. Contacted customer service and received a no hassles return and replacement. We’ll see how the new one holds up. FWIW, I’d pass on this for myself but it was fun to get it for her.

15. DYohn

Top Poster Of Month

We really love ours. No issues with the ceramic coating (which feels more like high quality plastic, actually.)