1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Corporate Integrity? Which companies have it and which don't

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by Guest, May 14, 2007.

1. Based on the lies told me and everyone from some companies with regard to their products(new and upcoming), which ones do you consider an idol of integrity which others should follow... and why?

2. Based on the lies told me and everyone from some companies with regard to their products(new and upcoming), which ones do you consider an idol of integrity which others should follow... and why?

3. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Off the top of my head...

Logitech/Harmony...outstanding customer service.

Monster..again they stand by their product and make sure they take care of you ASAP when something fails in their product line.

Chick-Filet(sp)..the main reason I say that is because we eat there now and then, and each time their restaurants are clean, full of friendly helpful servers, and they do little things that make you want to go back..for example, when it was pouring rain here one day a while back and we went in to dine, they had a basket full of disposible rain ponchos for anyone to take for free...it just said on the sign "Don't get caught in the rain, have a poncho on us"...very nice we thought. I wish other places offered such nice service and facilities.

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Off the top of my head...

Logitech/Harmony...outstanding customer service.

Monster..again they stand by their product and make sure they take care of you ASAP when something fails in their product line.

Chick-Filet(sp)..the main reason I say that is because we eat there now and then, and each time their restaurants are clean, full of friendly helpful servers, and they do little things that make you want to go back..for example, when it was pouring rain here one day a while back and we went in to dine, they had a basket full of disposible rain ponchos for anyone to take for free...it just said on the sign "Don't get caught in the rain, have a poncho on us"...very nice we thought. I wish other places offered such nice service and facilities.

5. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I love sony. 8)

6. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I love sony. 8)

7. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Me too!!

:D

8. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Me too!!

:D

9. Shane

Shane Active Member

Based on the initial post, no company would qualify.

There are some that I like (Chick Fil A), Logitech, and a few others come to mind but they aren't a model of integrity as they won't tell me "Hey don't buy that, such and such product v1.2 is coming". ;)

10. Shane

Shane Active Member

Based on the initial post, no company would qualify.

There are some that I like (Chick Fil A), Logitech, and a few others come to mind but they aren't a model of integrity as they won't tell me "Hey don't buy that, such and such product v1.2 is coming". ;)

11. I know of many pharma companies which told docs and patients to "hold off" on prescribing an old but effective drug in order to wait to start a patient on something new and improved, which was going to be availble soon.

In those cases, they sacrificed their immediate income for the benefit of the consumer, the retailer, and for their company's integrity and future profits from them all.

Maybe, Ms thinks this is their last XBox and don't care about their consumers or future purchases? NAH...

12. I know of many pharma companies which told docs and patients to "hold off" on prescribing an old but effective drug in order to wait to start a patient on something new and improved, which was going to be availble soon.

In those cases, they sacrificed their immediate income for the benefit of the consumer, the retailer, and for their company's integrity and future profits from them all.

Maybe, Ms thinks this is their last XBox and don't care about their consumers or future purchases? NAH...

13. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I think Ben and Jerry's would qualify under all but the strictest definitions, so it IS possible.

14. CJ

I think Ben and Jerry's would qualify under all but the strictest definitions, so it IS possible.

15. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

merc,

Technology companies, particularly in consumer electronics, do not work like pharma and they never will. This does not make the companies disingenuous. It does not mean they are trying to deceive you. It means they are not going to lay out their competitive product roadmap to every Tom, Dick, and Harry who wants to know when is the "perfect" time to buy. Besides that--what technology product company do you know of that doesn't always have a new product in development?

16. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Well-Known Member War Zone Member

merc,

Technology companies, particularly in consumer electronics, do not work like pharma and they never will. This does not make the companies disingenuous. It does not mean they are trying to deceive you. It means they are not going to lay out their competitive product roadmap to every Tom, Dick, and Harry who wants to know when is the "perfect" time to buy. Besides that--what technology product company do you know of that doesn't always have a new product in development?

17. CJ

Not exactly altruistic since this 1) acts as advertising for the new drug and 2) assures a big surge in usage when its released if people were "waiting for it" and 3) the new drug probably was orders of magnitude more expensive than the old but effective one. All beneficial to the pharma company. Outside of a very few companies, "corporate ethics" is an oxymoron.

18. CJ

Not exactly altruistic since this 1) acts as advertising for the new drug and 2) assures a big surge in usage when its released if people were "waiting for it" and 3) the new drug probably was orders of magnitude more expensive than the old but effective one. All beneficial to the pharma company. Outside of a very few companies, "corporate ethics" is an oxymoron.

19. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Re: Corporate Integrity? Which companies have it and which d

My personal experience tells me the more they advertise it (Corporate Integrity) the more issues they are trying to hide.

This should be part of the regular process anyway.

20. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan New Member

Ben & Jerry's is great, if you are ever in Waterbury, VT take a tour, it is fun. You get to try never frozen all the way B&J's. I read that the Grateful Dead was sueing them over the Cherry Garcia flavor name, until they checked out the company, then they dropped the suit and endorsed the product.