1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Count the passes...

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Alfer, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Watch the video and watch how many times the folks in the WHITE SHIRTS ONLY pass the basketball to each other...

ONLY WATCH ONCE AND COUNT THE PASSES MADE BY THE WHITE SHIRTED PARTICIPANTS.

Report you scores (and anything else) here....

Feel free to add spoilers as needed to keep others from seeing your findings.

NOTE: No scary face pop ups in the video.

http://viscog.beckman.uiuc.edu/grafs/demos/15.html

2. Saurav

Saurav Active Member War Zone Member

[spoiler:767db70dcf]I counted 14. Is there a catch?[/spoiler:767db70dcf]

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

[spoiler:daa8916d4b]I got 13[/spoiler:daa8916d4b]

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

There may indeed be a catch...awaiting a spoiler announcing it.

:)

5. Pete Apruzzese

Pete Apruzzese New Member

[spoiler:0a3a2e5db6]I got 14[/spoiler:0a3a2e5db6]

I thought this was going to be one of those "scary face & scream " flash files :)

6. Alfer

Alfer New Member

No scary pop ups...

7. Graeme

Graeme Active Member War Zone Member

[spoiler:d895dc7752]You mean the gorilla suit that no one noticed?[/spoiler:d895dc7752]

Graeme

8. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

[spoiler:8f2d0d3542] I counted 14 as well. I am going to take another peek now [/spoiler:8f2d0d3542]

9. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

[spoiler:dd27435bb5]Graeme, I noticed that on the first viewing but its not wearing white and he is only there for about half of the video...[/spoiler:dd27435bb5]

10. Alfer

Alfer New Member

correct...took me a second viewing to notice... :)

11. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

[spoiler:c1eee8ce69]That was pretty cool. I got 14, and didn't notice the gorilla until the second viewing.[/spoiler:c1eee8ce69]

12. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

[spoiler:74c41695eb]Great, not only did I not notice it but apparently I can't count![/spoiler:74c41695eb]

13. John F

John F Active Member War Zone Member

[spoiler:5351fa75d5]14[/spoiler:5351fa75d5]

14. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

[spoiler:89ae483b5c]I saw the gorilla walk in and I got 14.[/spoiler:89ae483b5c]

15. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

[spoiler:9c15ab9459]14[/spoiler:9c15ab9459]

16. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

Damn.

17. Chris White

Chris White New Member

[spoiler:8d080908ab]Didn't see the gorilla, but at least I can count to 14. ;) [/spoiler:8d080908ab]

18. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

Yup, What Chris said.

19. Rich Kraus

Rich Kraus Active Member

[spoiler:e3e3934b5b]there was an hour show on discovery last fall about how we see and dont see things. some thing to do with how little of the information we bring in is actually processed. this is magnified when you are told to look for something specific. they used this video at the end. after explaining the white shirt gorilla piece, they they asked how many tmes you saw the gorilla suit during the show you were watching. i hadnt noticed it once. ran it back on DVR and the gorilla suit was all through the show. little appearences every few mins.[/spoiler:e3e3934b5b]