D.O.A.P.

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by CJ, Jun 1, 2007.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I watched Death of a President about a week and have been trying to decide whether or not to post. This film is probably not what you think it is though I'm sure there are many who will have no desire to see it, regardless. That is fine. I would not encourage anyone to see this if their first reaction is extremely opposed to the thought. But if you are kind of curious about what the point of this film could possibly be and/or have an open mind in general I definitely think it is worth your time.

2. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Never heard of it. Got a link?

3. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0853096/
    I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. It was controversial because its a fictional documentary that "airs" in 2008 about the Assassination of George W. Bush in October 2007.

4. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Hmm. Interesting. Thanks for the lead.

Hey, just because I'm a commie pinko liberal son of a Kennedy doesn't mean that I know about *EVERYTHING* that slams W. Hell, it'd be hard for anyone to keep up with that list... ;)

5. Pete Apruzzese

Pete Apruzzese New Member

I remember the controversy when the film first came out of the festivals and into limited release.

It's an interesting idea for a film but I have to admit to feeling a little uncomfortable that it involves a current President.

6. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Like I said, its not what you think. You get no sense that its "celebratory" or "wishful thinking" at all.

7. Pete Apruzzese

Pete Apruzzese New Member

I'm certain of that - I heard interviews with the fimmakers that it's purely speculative in nature.