1. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

Is on marketplace right now. Why must I be at work?

2. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

Just played one time through on each of the three available tracks. This game looks to be some serious fun even though it's a sim and not "arcadey". :)

The menu and presentation is VERY slick and cool.

I think this one might make me finally break down and buy the Racing Wheel.

3. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Active Member

I'll be downloading this sucker tonight- I'm with you- I already love TDU, and I'm into the Forza demo as well- if this game is also good, that wireless wheel is mine! 8)

-Dennis

4. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

I can't stop playing the demo. It is really, really slick. The graphics are very good. I must get the racing wheel now.

Dennis make sure you do some racing from the in cockpit view. It's insane!

5. Shane

Shane Active Member

It's very arcadey. The graphics IMHO are better than Forza 2 except there's some tearing that I can see in the video.

Otherwise the presentation(menu etc) are first rate.

THIS is a next gen game.

6. Shane

Shane Active Member

Dirt will come with NO ONLINE MULTIPLAYER. I guess it's not the killer app people thought it was.

7. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

That's not true. There is on-line multiplayer it just isn't wheel to wheel. You can race with up to 99 other players at the same time, but you are competing based on time finishes.

LINK

8. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

Pretty much a deal killer for me. I'll enjoy the demo, but the lack of multiplayer support is questionable.

9. Dennis Pagoulatos

I'll finally play this tonight...been a bit busy...I tried it for 2 minutes last night and it looks seriously cool... 8)

And thanks for the tip, Troy, I'll make sure to try that! :D

-Dennis

10. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

I do agree that it's a different way of doing it and I'm sure it will alienate a certain percentage of people. However it is Rally Racing and that's generally how it's done...not wheel to wheel but time trials. They are really trying to straddle that line between Sim and Arcade attempting to appeal to the largest amount of people possible.

You might want to keep your eye on Sega Rally Revo. It's more Arcadey than DiRT but it will have wheel to wheel multiplayer.

11. Dennis Pagoulatos

Played it last night- very fun. The full game will be sweet! That wheel is looking like it will happen sometime over the summer... 8)

-Dennis

12. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

Among those of you extolling its virtues, who are NOT racing game fans? Out of curiosity... I want to like racing games, but I find I generally don't.

FWIW I thought the Forza2 graphics were not really markedly improved over PGR3 from what I could see.