1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Duel format owners, how many titles of each do you own?

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Ron-P, May 17, 2007.

1. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Just curious to those that own both BD and HD-DVD, how many titles of each do you own? I counted mine this morning while doing a cleaning of the cabinet.

Blu-ray = 21
    HD-DVD = 22

2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Wow...that's quite an investment ya got there Ron (over a grand it seems!)! So how many were double or triple dips?

Are ya gonna continue investing or switch to rental mode instead?

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

No tripple but quite a few doubles, but mostly only my favorite films that I can watch day-in / day-out.

It's not that big of an investment when looking at the bigger picture. The cost to build the theater, the constant A/V upgrades over the years, this is just the next step. I don't rent much and most likely that will not change.

As for the investment, I'd spend it all again just for the joy others get using my theater. At least once a week, sometimes more, I have friends and neighbors over to watch movies. The joy they get, and that I get, you can't put a price on that. Plus, the kids. My daughter has sleep overs, her friends and her will have movie nights. They load up on the soda's and popcorn and it's like going to the movies for them, just awesome.

Every penny I've put into this hobby and will put in is nothing compared to the fun it brings a lot of people.

4. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

What Ron said minus the kids. It's been worth every penny for me and my friend's and family's enjoyment.

By the way, 96 Blu-Ray discs as of now, 5-6 more next week. And of course the dvd collection, somewhere around 500+/-15.

5. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

I have four BRD titles and I don't even have a player yet.

6. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

96, very nice Dan.

7. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

I''ve got;

Low 20's for BD
    Mid teens for HD-DVD (HD-DVD player was out of commision for a couple of months)

I've falling behind here lately as other things have been taking up time in life and now have a decent laundry list of titles I need to pick up.

I'd say about 30'ish percent are double dips and a couple of triple's thrown in for good luck, actually quadruple+ if you want to extend it beyond just DVD.

Andrew

8. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

I was collecting for months before I had a player, so I had a head start. I have mostly bought new to me movies with maybe 20 or so double-dips. Next week's Pirates movie will be a double for the first movie but I held out on the second, knowing it would hit BD soon. I have only bought 3 dvd's in the last 9 months because I only want to buy HD for now on. The 3 dvd's are ones I don't have much hope of seeing on BD any time soon.

9. Shane

Shane Active Member

14 Blu Ray
    7 HD DVD

I should double my numbers by the end of the summer.