1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Eagles Farewell Tour HD

Discussion in 'Music Lounge' started by Jack, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Skip it. This disc is somewhat better visually, and in some ways cleaner in way of sonics, t horns are now in the right place. However, it is not in surround. Period. Only the front speakers no matter the setting on the player. It is listed as DTS surround, does not support HD soundtracks and does not actually have surround sound.
    If you have the original keep it.

2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

I love plugging in the original now and then and kicking back to hear some good ol' Eagles tunes.

:)

3. Jack

Then that is the thing to keep doing Alfer. The original, weird surround track and all, seems to be the one to play.

4. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

But it looks purty.

- Steve

5. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Active Member

You sure it's not in surround? That is strange...

What is the aspect ratio of that concert? Is it widescreen or 4:3?

-Dennis

6. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Yeah, what Dennis said. We have watched this a few times and we have the SD as well. It if is 2 channel my receiver might default to "all channel stereo" which is what I use for background music. I will check it out next time I fire up the system.

7. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

The Aussie show is high definition. 1.78x1.

- Steve

8. John Kotches

John Kotches New Member

Yes, but this is the type of title that begs for a TrueHD soundtrack and it didn't get it. WTF?

So, it's a no sale to me. That and no Don Felder ;)

Cheers,

9. Karl Englebright

Karl Englebright New Member

My exact feelings! I was mad when I heard he got fired. IMO, he was the main force behind one of the best songs in rock history. And one of the THE best rock guitar solos ever (paired with Joe Walsh, of course) to be recorded.

10. Jack

I was a bit miffed as well.
    I says surround on the box, but alas, there aint none to be found.
    Maybe my player is broke already

11. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I do agree that with no Don Felder it seems a bit empty. I enjoy the show more on H.F.O but I enjoy the pq more on Farewell. I wish they would remaster the H.F.O to HD