1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Evan Almighty

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Alfer, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Alfer

Alfer New Member

2. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

Currently 22% on RottenTomatoes...

3. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

This looked like a turd from the beginning...something TBS will pick up and play every other month all month for ever.

4. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

lol.

5. Sean80

Sean80 New Member

I think this movie falls into the same trap as Ocean's Twelve. They both started as scripts for other movies that were turned into these two movies. At first I was excited about it because of Steve Carell but after reading more about it and seeing more previews, I think I'll be passing until video. I'm sure it'll still do well at the box office though given it's family friendly rating and Carell as the star.

6. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

This is one of those that I don't need to see, cause the preview showed pretty much the whole movie. A rental. Although the paper here this morning gave it 2.5 stars out of 4, which is pretty high for them.

7. BrandonH

BrandonH New Member

They filmed most of this movie about and hour and half away from where I live. We drove by the set when we were up that way visiting some friends and it was really cool. They really did build a giant ark out in the middle of a field. If I remember correctly, they only built one half of it completely. I guess that was the side they always shot.

8. John F

John F Active Member War Zone Member

I saw this on Saturday, and it wasn't half bad. :)

I saw Bruce Almighty, but my memory is a little fuzzy about it. Evan Almighty seems more family oriented, and I think it worked well on that front. The kids liked it.

-John