1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Find your thread now, sucka!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Lounge' started by CJ, May 9, 2007.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

OK, I'm not playing for the sake of playing. I have certain goals here and I'm trying to structure the forum to those ends. Most of us have home theaters and stereos as a means to an end. We love movies and music. I'm providing a general catch all forum, but after that, you'll notice that software comes first.

I'm open to suggestions for new grouping and subforum names etc. but its not going to be a formal poll or vote. I'll choose the suggestions that I like, etc.

2. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

What? You think you own the place or something?

3. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

easy there mini mike :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

How about changing the name of "The Back Room", sounds too much the back door. :shock:

5. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Only to you and Colton. This is a lounge, there has to be a VIP room or a back room.... :lol:

6. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

7. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

I like all the changes so far. Like any forum I think as the place grows just tweak it here and there.

Oh never, and I mean NEVER get rid of --> :roll: I like him. :wink:

8. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

As long as it's not used in response to another member's comments, it will probably stay. So when someone posts about the sonic benefits of green pens, clever clocks or that the Dolphins will win the Super Bowl, please restrain yourselves. :D :lol: :wink:

9. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

"There is no sex in the Champagne room."

-Chris Rock

10. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

:roll:

11. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

CJ,

Not sure where to ask this... just wondering about a DIY area. Amy possibilities there?

-EJ

12. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Sure, we can do that. You have to fill it up then ;)

13. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Nicely done CJ, the new thread titles are much better.

14. Bill Stratton

Bill Stratton Active Member

Um, I know some folks DIY their own music, but it seems like the DIY section should be under Equipment, not Software.

15. Bill Stratton

Bill Stratton Active Member

Also, under Home Theater, the description is:

"Post your discussions related to home theater hardware such as speakers, amps, processors, EQs and subwoofers."

How about adding some video examples (Projectors, TVs...), since it takes both audio AND video to make a home theater :)

16. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Good suggestions! Done...

17. Stew

Stew Member

It seems that a lot of the posts in this forum (home theater lounge) should be in the VIP forum (off topic). Is there not going to be a forum area to discuss home theaters (design, build, accesories, etc.) without having to wade through all the other posts?