1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

First Birth on HTL?

Discussion in 'Picture Show' started by TimB, May 16, 2007.

1. TimB

TimB New Member

No, not that kind. If I didn't do the decent thing and kill myself, I would at least be Bobbitted by my wife.

Since Eric is only building the motel and has not gotten busy and conceived yet :wink: perhaps I can come out of retirement and claim the title of the first Birth of a Theater thread here on HTL.

After a crazy schedule last year, and two achilles operations over the past 8 months, I can finally get up the stairs and start finishing the second story. Planning to do a separate theater/billiards room and a listening/exercise room. Raw pics attached.

view_toward_screenwall.jpg

listening_room.jpg

I'll be doing the framing and HVAC, then finishing the listening room first, and then moving into the theater/billiards room. Hoping to occupy the listening room by September, and the theater by New Years. Lots of questions coming and advice needed ... hope you guys might have a few opinions :wink:

2. TimB

TimB New Member

OK, I obviously need coaching on how to post these pics without needing a 2.35 screen for the computer.

Here's a link to 2 pics i put on a dormant fisrt attempt at a website, they are under the 'My Blue Heaven' page if this only takes you to the home page.

http://home.earthlink.net/~inscrutabl

3. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

I don't think a '2.35 screen' is necessary if you've got 110" diagonal.;)

But seriously, I think you've got a nice space to work with, Tim. I expect lots of pictures and a fantastic HT when you're done!

4. Chris Slade

Chris Slade Active Member War Zone Member

Holy spots for IB!

5. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

Ahhh...the only thing I see there is....

Potential!! ;)

6. TimB

TimB New Member

Back from the dead (was just pining for the fjords)

Will be posting some updated pics soon ... not finished, but at least you can't see the studs anymore (softball over the plate ...)

7. Jim

Jim New Member

Counting my grey hairs..... ;)