First Chinese BR player?

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Shane, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Shane

Shane Active Member

2. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Hmm. When I'm in Shanghai I'll see if I can find one and I'll let you know.

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I'd be curious if any/how much of the technology is unlicensed.

4. DYohn

Ha! 8)

5. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

???/

6. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

There, fixed that for you. ;)

7. DYohn

It's one of those questions that really doesn't need an answer, does it? Let's put it this way: the Chinese government often informs CE companies that their IP protections do not apply in China, or that international patents will not be enforced. The Chinese line usually goes something like this: Licensing? Does that increase costs? Then it is bad. We will build anyway, go ahead and try to sue us.

8. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Ah... yep, basically what I was thinking then.

9. Chris White

Chris White New Member

It's been my experience that the Chinese government announces that it will strongly enforce IP and patent protection (as is required by their agreements with WTO), but then don't follow through except for the occasional "example."

10. DYohn

Officially, that's right. In conversations, certain companies get told "unofficially" to not expect any assistance protecting IP, and indeed to suspend business policies and requirements designed to protect our IP if we want to do business (or build facilities) inside China. It is part of the reason I am on a plane Saturday for some face-time with certain representatives over there.

11. hgroff

hgroff New Member

From the Gowell website.... Gotta love the use of english! :lol:

Gowell Enterprises International Ltd. was established 2003 in HongKong. We are professional manufacturer for ODM and OEM, products covering in Nero Player, HDMI DivX Player, DivX Recorder With Harddisk, DivX Plalyer, DivX Home Theater System, MP3 , Portable DVD Player, and H.264 Player in the near future. All products are designed to meet the international standards, and have certificates such as ISO9001:2000,IECQ QC080000,CE, FCC, FDA, UL RoHS & WEEE compliance etc. We have long-term cooperation with the solution provider such as MTK, ZORAN, SUNPLUS, ESS, SIGMA, and other great company such as SONY, SANYO, HITACHI, PHILIPS etc. Guiding under customer-oriented strategy, our core business is in the research and development, manufacturing and sales. The products are to satisfy the customer's demand. We aim at the high quality products with low cost. We believe that" only quality products, good services, advanced technology can keep customer to achieve good profit!" We all of Gowell more than 2,000 employees, welcome guests around the world joining us for a long-term cooperation, which make us all go well.