1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

First look at the Speed Racer car

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Alfer, May 31, 2007.

1. Alfer

Alfer New Member

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

WHOA, I'm too young to have grown up with the cartoon (though it was still on, it wasn't "in") but this movie looks like it could be cool.

3. Alfer

Alfer New Member

I grew up in the era of it, but never ever got into it..it just seemed so corny....overall I've never gotten into Japenese animation.

However I know there are a TON of folks that do so I'm sure they are pumped to get a first glimpse of the car.

:)

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Yeah, I was into stuff like "synchronized lip movement" and such nonsense when I was young :D

5. Tyson

Tyson New Member

:!: :!: :!:

If this is common knowledge, I didn't know it.

Interesting.

I watched this cartoon some as a kid. I am not sure when the cartoons were made, but I was watching them in the late 70's or so I think it was.

6. Tyson

Tyson New Member

7. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Didn't they do V is for Vendetta?

Yeah the Mach 5 looks hot, I hope the trunk is big enough for Sprittle and his Chimp smf and loads of Candy.

Max

8. Tyson

Tyson New Member

I believe they produced. Not sure if they were responsible for the screenplay.

9. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to this, loved the cartoon, hopefully they do it right and don't screw it up. Now, if someone out there would do a Johnny and his Flying Robot movie my life would be complete. That was my favorite show as a kid.

10. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

So we get to see this when? May 2008? Damn, that's a long way.

11. Saurav

Saurav Active Member War Zone Member

Johnny Socko (sp?) and his Flying Robot? OMG, I watched that as a kid too. I'd spend winter vacations with my cousin in Calcutta, and we could get this one TV channel broadcast from neighboring Bangladesh. I remember we watched Different Strokes (mostly went over my head) and Johnny Socko. In black and white. That was when Indian TV had one government-run channel, and of course there were no foreign programs shown. Rupert Murdoch came by many years later.

Wow... didn't think I'd hear someone mention that show here :)

OK, it's Sokko. Is this the same show you're talking about?

http://home.alphalink.com.au/~roglen/johnny_sokko.htm

12. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

The Wachowski brothers did indeed write the screenplay for "V for Vendetta."

13. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

That's the one, but not the anime, the real-life TV show. I have most all the episodes on VHS.

14. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

15. Saurav

Saurav Active Member War Zone Member

I remember the live-action version as well.

16. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Here was my favorite from those days:

[​IMG]

I used to watch Voltron with my daughter when she was a kid and I was home in the afternoon. As I recall it was on right after He Man, Master of the Universe and before Thundercats.

17. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

I remember watching Speed Racer and Prince Planet when I was like 5 or so back to back.

Max

18. Randy Rhoton

Randy Rhoton Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member

Even as an adult, I liked Thundarr the Barbarian. And Speed Racer. It was so hokey it was fun. And I have the 18th. scale die cast model in my collection.

19. Hayes Preston

Hayes Preston Member

I loved Speed Racer when I was growing up, and I think this movie could be cool. The car looks perfect to me. Can't wait for the first looks at Speed and Racer X!

20. Michael M

Michael M Active Member

Thanks to the good ol' boys from Ohio:

'Speed Racer' by Devo

Great Devo song! :wink: