1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Flight Plan [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by CJ, May 25, 2007.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Watched this last night and thought it was pretty good. I know its a movie but it was also a little terrifying as a parent to just think if it was you. While it would take an insane plot of people conspiring against you and insanely bad luck to have 400 people not see your child being abducted the horror would be unbearable.

2. Shane

Shane Active Member

When they finally reveal the plot at the end(why and how the whole thing happened), the movie is completely destroyed for me. It's a great 75% of a movie and a terrible 25% of the movie.

Much like Red Eye.

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

Really, you didn't like the ending? It isn't a masterpiece, but I thought it was pretty decent.

4. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Made me want to hunt the director/writer down and setup them up with my own sort of Flight Plan that started with my foot hitting them in the ass.

Way to many woulda shoulda coulda holes for suspension of disbelief.

Max

5. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

It was weird. The ending was exactly what I hoped it would be the entire time I was watching the movie. When it turned out to actually BE that ending I felt let-down.

Ehh, its probably just me and my messed up mind though :)

6. Shane

Shane Active Member

Cj,
    Max explains it better than me. Once they reveal the whys and who's, then the movie completely falls apart based on this. My suspension of disbelief is utterly destroyed. Red Eye was the same way.

7. Tyson

Tyson New Member

I thought this one was just ok. I started to lose interest way before then ending, though, and when it finally ended I realized that Jodie Foster in the credits was really it's main selling point. I can't think of many other actresses who could have pulled it off the way she did. For me she pretty much saved a movie that had a rather weak script. Kudos to her.

8. E Jones

E Jones Active Member

Add me to the first half was great last half was not category. The setup was so good and played into every fear I have as a parent I just wish it would have found a more thought provoking place to go. Tyson you're right about Foster in this film it really wouldn't have been possible without her performance.

-EJ