1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Forum modifications.

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by CJ, May 9, 2007.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Top Poster Of Month

I've added two mods to the forum. One is the VIP Registration mod. This is a mod that prevents spambots from registering. It won't impact anyone who is already registered, but new members will not get the simple 6 digit code that's sort of obscured in a gray field. They will have to go get a code that is in a thread on the forum. I'll later modify that thread to add some forum rules, registrant name rules etc.

The second mod is the quick reply mod. This allows you to reply without having to click reply and wait for another page to load. If you want to quote someone other than the lost post, you will have to still click quote on the post you want to quote and wait for the page to load.

2. Rich Kraus

Rich Kraus Active Member

kind of digging the quick reply thing.

3. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

Quick reply is definitely cool. Good addition to the forum CJ.

4. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks guys!

5. Stefan

Stefan Active Member War Zone Member

I wouldn't mind if we could get more posts per page. BTW, I think what you have done so far is great. Keep it up.

Stefan

6. Graeme

Graeme Active Member War Zone Member

Any other tweaks you have been considering?

Graeme

7. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

none really at the time but I'm not even necessarily aware of what's out there. how many posts per page is built into the software. I'll up that right now.

8. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Well-Known Member

I hope you did this because I thought the forum had lost all kinds of posts. A lot of the multi-thread topics were a page or two less and I didn't know what happened :)

9. CJ

Top Poster Of Month

Yes, I turned it from 15 to 25 so a lot of threads went from 2 to one pages or 4-2, etc.