1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

forza 2 demo tonight.

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Rich Kraus, May 9, 2007.

1. Rich Kraus

Rich Kraus New Member

have read from a few places forza 2 demo will be on marketplace at 2am EST.

dont come after me if it aint true, but if it is, you heard it here first.

2. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

That would be nice!

3. Mike Parent

Mike Parent New Member

Sacrilege - I am supposed to be the first to know these things :D

Should be interesting to see - there are rumors of a demo of Area 51 this month as well...

4. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

5. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

This is where I say;

'meh'

It's a decent looking game, sounds like it will have a nice car list in it. Hell I'll buy it because I'm a car nut all the way through.

The Gran Turismo HD Demo blows it away and then some.

6. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

One shouldn't take what I'm about to say as meaning anything because I've never been able to get into Auto Sims. I still went ahead and downloaded the demo just to see if this would be the one to change my mind.

It wasn't. I just can't get into these things. :)

7. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Active Member

Gran Turismo HD looks really good on the PS3, but there is no physics whatsover, and the cars don't handle anything like they would in reality, so it's just pretty, static visuals with very uninvolving gameplay.

-Dennis

8. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

True, but that's Gran Turismo for you. The physics on Forza wasn't exactly what I'd call stellar either, you're never going to have anything close to real physics when the game is designed to work with a handheld controller.

If you want close-to-life racing (well as close as one can get and still be sitting behind an electronic device) physics, use your PC. There is just no comparing the console games to LiveForSpeed, or the GTR series or the really old stand-by in Grand Prix Legends.

9. Shane

Shane Active Member

Personally GT was a big meh. No physics, no crash model, nothing. Really it's just a pretty looking turd.

I'm still getting the handle on Forza but it's an infinitely better game(in demo form).

10. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Active Member

I agree Shane, I downloaded and played the demo last night and it's much better than the Turismo demo (I unlocked all the cars in the demo at my brother-in-laws a couple of months ago).

The graphics are also very comparable to the Turismo demo, perhaps not quite as polished looking, but on a scale of 1 to 100 if Turismo visuals are 100, Forza looks to be a 98, IMO.

-Dennis

11. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Got a chance to download and play the demo.

The game looks fine and seems to be a solid racing game. IMO, it is geared more towards a racing sim then an arcade racer. You really need to watch your speed through the corners and work on keeping your car under control.

I enjoyed it, but am not sure if I will pick it up. I just get too frustrated when one bad turn ruins an entiire race for you! :D