1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Free digital camera to whoever can put it to use.

Discussion in 'For Sale/Trade Lounge (members)' started by jhoak, Mar 4, 2017.

1. jhoak

jhoak Active Member War Zone Member

I'll even pay the shipping :)

It's a Kodak EasyShare C613. In great condition and works perfectly.

I figure that someone out there has a young child or grandchild who is begging for a digital camera but it's tough to justify the cost considering that it'll probably get broken or ignored after a couple of days.

I bought this camera for my Mom 07/08-ish. Haven't been able to determine exactly when. She passed away September of 2013 so it had maybe 5 years of light use. It's only 6.2 megapixels but it takes good pictures. I've added a 4GB SanDisk SD card, 4 Ray-O-Vac rechargable AA bateries, and the battery charger. I have all of the original packaging and documents.

There is however one small catch. If upon receiving the camera you decide it has "value" I'd like you to determine what that value is and donate that amount to CJ in order to help keep this forum up and running.

Kodak_zpsw4eewvc3.jpg

PM me here with your shipping address or email me at jeff DOT hoak AT gmail DOT com and I'll get it on it's way to you.

OH YEA... First come, first served. I do know how to read time stamps. ;)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. claud

claud Well-Known Member Donor

Jhoak, why don't you take a selfie with it before you give it away and make an avatar for your account like the rest of us. I have determined that you are a nice person that is a good addition to this forum. Even if you are butt ugly, we will still enjoy your company here.

3. jhoak

I've actually been meaning to do that but for one reason or another it hasn't happened. The biggest reason is that I absolutely LOATHE the concept of the "selfie" fad and swore I'd NEVER do it. So far I've been successful at that.

At some point I'll post a pic but not today or even tomorrow. When I went to pick up the new (to me) Miata last Sunday I didn't factor in 4+ hours of driving in the Florida sun with the top down and ended up profoundly sunburned. At the moment I look like I'm shedding my exoskeleton. Not pretty at all. "Butt ugly" doesn't even begin to describe it. In the last few days I've had people shriek and run away and cover their children's eyes. Yea... It's that bad ;)

Barry_NJ likes this.
  4. jhoak

The camera has been claimed.

Barry_NJ likes this.