1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

"Gears on Crack. Cover is for Wimps!"

Discussion in 'Smartphones, Computers, Gaming and Networking' started by Troy Seufert, May 30, 2007.

1. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

Or so says Steven Polge the lead designer of Unreal Tournament 3.

The latest issue of OXM features a six-page article on Unreal Tournament 3. More important, the preview contains the first details regarding the Xbox 360 version of the game, which both the developers and the magazine editors confirmed it is looking in its current state better than Gears of War.

The reason for that is Epic Games has improved the Unreal Engine 3 for Xbox 360 since they shipped Gears of War six months ago.

In the preview, Epic Games? Steven Polge, the lead designer of Unreal Tournament 3, confirms that the Xbox 360 version of the game will support four-player co-op and two-player split-screen in the single-player campaign, which will let you take different paths depending on the decisions you take.

The preview also revealed that Unreal Tournament 3 will feature 18 vehicles and 5 types of turrets. Epic also promises ?zero-time to spectacle? thanks to the hoverboard.

LINK

2. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Sweet!

That anything can look better than Gears is pretty amazing! A good time to be a gamer!

3. Ken McDaniel

Ken McDaniel Active Member War Zone Member

Better looking than gear. "Mind-bottling!"

4. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

I really enjoyed UT2 on the PC so I'm really looking forward to this one. One of the things that UT has always done well is A.I. bots. I wonder if those will be included in the 360 version or if they will leave them out with the thinking that there will be enough people playing it on Live to not warrant their inclusion.

5. Sean80

Sean80 New Member

I'm also really looking forward to this. I'll most likely go with the 360 version over the PS3.

For anyone who is a fan of Unreal, you may want to check out Unreal Championship 2 on the original Xbox (it is backwards compatible too). It does deviate from the traditional Unreal formula but having 3rd person view and melee weapons, but it is a lot of fun.

6. Drew Mitten

Drew Mitten New Member

Can't wait!

7. Colton

Colton New Member War Zone Member

I was a beta-tester for Unreal 2 XMP (multiplayer patch for Unreal 2). This (UT3) looks beautiful ... I can't wait to play it!

8. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair New Member

Bots + co-op = WIN

9. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

QFT!