1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Ghost Hunters

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by chad, Jun 6, 2007.

1. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member

Another season or another part of the last season started today. I will never understand why a season gets split and is not just called two seasons especially when they are months apart.

This was the second episode that took place in Europe. The first segment was in Ireland and the second was in England. They got some interesting hot spots on the thermal, what appears to be a face ( I could not see it, Nikki could not believe that I could not see it) on another camera and some nice EVP.

Next weeks looks to be really cool, still in England but in some sort of tunnel where they were satanic mass.

2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Yeah my wife and I enjoy the show...we've resigned to the fact that 99% of the episodes will end up finding zilch, but still their a fun group to watch and some of the old houses/bars and other building they go to are fun to see...

Last nights stuff was a bit odd...the three tiny figures seen on the thermal cam walking behind their crew was weird...upon the second viewing of the face, it was clear to see...the middle of the image was the nose but the right side of the imgae was shadowed..

3. Tyson

Tyson New Member

I watch this with my wife as well. I probably wouldn't without her but it is still entertaining enough. At least they don't try to pull fast ones. They know their audience is a bit smarter than that.

4. chad

I agree Tyson. Just like the thermal image last night, it would of been very easy for them to say it was a ghost sneaking up on them, however they realized it was just a reflection of heat off of the wall and admitted that. I enjoy watching them as much as I enjoy what they do.

5. Paul Meade

Paul Meade Member

I like this show a lot because they are (usually) levelheaded about occurences that may or may not occur. For a good laugh you should look at the show "Most Haunted" on the Travel Channel (Fridays I think). I stumbled across this show on Comcast's On Demand. After seeing about 4-5 episodes I laugh at the Keystone cops of Ghost Hunters. Once while on the Queen Mary, a guy knocks on a wall, asks for a "astral presence" for a response and lo and behold, you hear knocks! They try to sell the fact that they are getting reactions so hard its really quite funny. It also runs on the Travel Channel in blocks of 4-5 episodes on the weekend. Check it out...ghostbusters!!!

6. chad

I have seen that a few times Paul, I can't help but laugh. I love it when they get images of dust and swear they are orbs and that orbs carry up to 400 spirits. I agree with Jay and Grant from GH that orbs are just masses of energy, they are truely everywhere and carry no special meaning which makes me chuckle a little when Brian thinks he sees an orb and gets so excited about it. Its usually just dust or a bug anyway.

7. chad

Just from the buzz on the net I guess Brian is leaving the show, again. Not sure if this is for good or what.

8. Paul Meade

Paul Meade Member

Chad,
    Hadn't Brian left the show once before? The other members of the team keep giving him a hard time over it.

This past weeks new show was good. Jay seemed a bit unsettled in the attic. When the sink turned on by itself it freaked Grant, being a plumber and not being able to explain it.

9. chad

Brian has left once before. I was a bit disappointed that they did not explore the toy sounds a little more. I read somewhere that Brian was suspected of A. lying about evidence ( which I suspected, he was way too excited about stuff) and B. planting evidence, again, I would not be suprised.

10. Paul Meade

Paul Meade Member

Then Brian would be right at home on "Most Haunted" where they make a living out of that stuff.

11. chad

I agree. I have only caught bits of M.H here and there and it was way too over the top for me. I realize that there are places in the world that might be like that, but for the most part every building / home in the world is not like the movie The Haunting.

ALSO, maybe he would be good on Destination Truth. They chase down some pretty far fetched myths / creatures but always come up empty.

12. Paul Meade

Paul Meade Member

Interesting episode from California. They guy with the K2 meter from the Manson house seemed a bit...odd. Great heat image from the Chaplin studio.

13. chad

Yeah, I thought last night's episode was great as long as the K2 meter was legit. I was getting goose bumps watching it! I was getting a bit suspicious and told my wife he needed to ask some "no" questions but then he did and it only flashed once. I really wish they had spent more time at the Chaplin / Henson studio. That is one thing about this past season... they all seem very rushed. I think they should have done the full hour at each location.

14. chad

Looks like there will be more new episodes in the fall. I did sit and watch Ghost Adventures the other night and it had some pretty tense moments. After watching it a second time I am not sure if it was real or staged, however, they did have the video analyzed and he said it was valid.

15. Paul Meade

Paul Meade Member

I liked that one too. It kinda started out slow. The "figure" that moved in the room with the one guy was hard to see at first. The one with the brick being thrown made the hair on my arms stand up. I wonder if they will have anymore.

16. chad

I'm checking my dvr right now to see if there are anymore in the near future....none that I can see. I am not sure if it was a series or just a one time thing.

17. Paul Meade

Paul Meade Member

New shows start up again Sept 26...looking forward to their live Halloween show.

18. chad

Yeah, the Live Halloween Show is at Waverly Hills, I think that is in Louisville Ky. They give tours of the place frequently and I have thought about going down to "see for myself".

19. chad

It's back tonight. I think it is in Seattle at an old psych ward.

20. Paul Meade

Paul Meade Member

Good start to the fall shows. I liked the psych ward...the singing nurse. The dude who wanted them to prove it wasn't haunted looked shocked. Disappointing with the Seattle underground. No hookers wanted to play.