1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Going with the Checked Flag theme

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by Ron-P, May 15, 2007.

1. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

This morning I picked up from MINI of Irvine these Checkered Flag mirror caps. A very easy, 10 minute install.

Caps.jpg

Next up will be these A-panel Checkered Flag decals. I just ordered them today along with an Checkered Flag antenna topper. I'm also trying to find a rear view mirror cap and I may, not right away, to the roof as well.

Here's a pic of a mini (not mine) with the A-panel decal that I plan to do next.

A-panel.jpg

2. Eric

Eric Active Member

One of these days I'm going to go out and drive one of those things. I used to work with a guy in California who went out and bought a Cadillac CTS-V and a Mini Cooper-S on the same day. He loves them both and wouldn't let me drive either...

Ron, the local CHiPies don't hassle you about the lack of a front Cali License plate? I coulda sworn California required front plates.

3. brianca

brianca New Member

I don't think the top one is his. There's a plate on the bottom one.

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

I don't think either one is his since the plate on the top one is not US and the bottom one already has a part installed that he said he's just ordered :D

5. Eric

Eric Active Member

He did say he installed the side mirror covers. And getting a European license plate bracket for the front bumper (maybe even replacing the entire fascia) sure sounds like something one of those crazy Mini fanatics would do.

6. Chris White

Chris White New Member

Very nifty! That's a car that always puts a smile on my face.

7. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

The top one is mine.

A couple of months ago I ordered a Euro plate with my CA license # on it. The front bumper is notched out for the Euro style plate, there's a piece that goes there (that I took off) that holds the US plate. No trouble with the cops yet. But, it's only a fix it ticket if I get busted, no big deal.

The bottom one, like CJ stated just shows the deal I have on order for the A-panel on the sides.

8. brianca

brianca New Member

Excellent point. ;)

9. CJ

Huh, cool. I doubt if you got caught, having your actual plate number on there would matter much. Might as well have it on a piece of cardboard. Of course, this looks MUCH nicer :D

10. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

Not sure if I like that...just personal preference...i think it actually takes away from the car....not add to it....could be just me. Now the car on the other hand...is one sweet ride....love to have one...that much power in that little thing...wheee!

JL

11. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Just like everything else Jason, like you said personal preference. I love the Checkered Flag look, just adds more character to a car that's already got plenty of it.

The nice thing, it all can come off and put back to stock if I ever change my mind. I keep all my OEM parts whenever I do any modding.

12. Jason Lorette

Are they really as ballsy as they look? (I've got to take a test drive in one of these)

13. CJ

They're not that "ballsy" in the grand scheme, but 1) they're light, and 2) you can win a lot of races if you don't have to slow down to turn.

14. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member

I thought it looked better before. Then again I am not a flashy kind of guy.

15. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Jason if you're willing to hand over your "Man Card" before you buy, I say go snap one up and enjoy it!

:)

16. Jason Lorette

172hp in a sardine can = a heck of a lot of fun if you ask me :twisted:

Jason

17. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Indeed they are VERY zippy little chick cars..no doubt about their get up and go.

:)

18. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

You can always count on Alfer to post something positive. Dude, we know what you think of the MINI, we don't need to hear about it in every fucking thread, it gets old.

19. Jason Lorette

Not starting anything at all here...but Alfer...what do you drive?

20. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

Alfer drives a Hyundai IIRC.

Minis are awesome little cars, just a bit small for my taste.