1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Got to drive a 350Z today!

Discussion in 'The VIP Lounge' started by chad, Jun 10, 2007.

1. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member

My Brother in law deals at a Nissan dealership and got to bring one home this weekend for demo. He let me and a few others take it out for a spin... what fun... except I am 6'3 and pretty hefty. First off, I could not find reverse and then I could not find how to get the seat back ( most of Nikki's family are short) plus I had flip flops on and it was a six speed.

Once I got it going it was amazing. It had the perfect sound, not too loud but you knew it was not a Honda Civic either. The breaks were great and you could probably take corners without slowing down much. I did not want to really let loose because it could really screw up his career if anything were to happen but what a rush. Sticker was 42k which I would gladly pay for this automobile. I am not a golfer but the inside of the trunk had directions on how to fit a golf bag in the trunk... it was pretty tiny.

The top was down but other than that this is pretty much it

[​IMG]

2. cjd

cjd New Member

nevermind

thanks for all the fish.

3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

LOL, I knew what I was going to read when I saw who made the most recent post. Chris chris chris, you're like the Alfer of "sporty" cars :D

4. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

:idea:

5. chad

What did I miss?

6. LarryB

LarryB Active Member

The 350Z is great car. I'm glad you had a blast driving it.

Larry

7. CJ

Bah, don't be so sensitive about it. Being predictable is not all bad. :shrug:

8. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member

my brother has the Infinity G35 with a supercharger, custom intake/exhaust/chip. Can you spell fast.

9. Drew

Drew Active Member War Zone Member

Drove the g35 sedan for a buddy for a month (once a week). Perk of house sitting. Very nice ride.

10. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Active Member War Zone Member

I think being compared to Alfer was finally the way to hurt Chris's feelings. :)

Seriously though he likely saw that Alfer Compro and just decided he did not want to come off that way.

Max

11. hgroff

hgroff New Member

I have owned a g35 for four years now, and I am now getting ready to pick a G-37 when they come out after August 22, 2007.

12. chad

Gotcha, when I first read it I just saw the "nevermind" and had no idea what was going on.

It was a lot of fun to drive thats for sure. I doubt I would ever want one for myself just because of the size. He poped the hood and I was shocked how big the motor was I have no idea how they got it in there, I would not want to be the guy that works on it, thats for sure!

13. cjd

cjd New Member

Sorry - I wasn't being sensitive, just deciding that it really wasn't necessary commentary, so I removed it.

And, unlike Alfer, I don't drive some cheap POS and go on and on about how super they are... I mean, I have two Neons, and everyone knows... ;) uh...

14. CJ

:D :D :D Thanks for posting again. I was worried I hurt your feelings. I mean, not this entire time, just for a few seconds, but still :D

15. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Really?? I do....? I did not know that.

Boy speaking of being rude... :roll:

16. CJ

Uhm, he was poking fun of himself driving neons dude. Besides, even if he WERE being rude (which I don't think he was), you objecting to someone making a rude comment and then tacking a smiley on would have to be one of the most amusing things ever posted on HTL.

17. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

If you like the coupe version (more 'trunk' space...well hatchback space) you can pick up a no-frills base model for under $30k very easily, the car will be the same as the one you drove minus some of the fancier amenities (no leather, no stereo controls on the wheel, etc).

I looked at them when I was out shopping and I enjoyed the power output for it's class, the handling was decent enough, but I couldn't get past the interior or the weight of the car.

18. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Hey I never make personsl jabs at folks...like "CJ has the ugliest fucking house I've seen..why he owns it I'll never know." yada yada....At least I'm polite and avoid making it personal when possible...ya may dislike my opinions, but at least I keep it clean.

Sorry I saw no humor in Chris' personal jab....

19. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

and

Now that has to be some of the funniest stuff I've ever read!

20. CJ

Alfer, I honestly cannot tell if you're being serious or if this is another effort to twist everyone's titties and then act innocent about it.