1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Great Buy on A Fine Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Hardware Lounge' started by Christopher Saunders, May 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Outlaw has a sale on the LFM-1 Plus. It is $499 plus shipping, or $949 for two, plus shipping. The sale is over at the end of May. The reviewer said:

"At $679 the LFM-1 Plus subwoofer from Outlaw is proof that you don't have to pay a lot to get a lot. The LFM-1 Plus is a wonderfully musical sub with enough impact to satisfy even the craziest basshead. Subwoofers are the unsung heroes of any multi-channel music or movie in that they are often shunned for their appearance yet are called upon to move mountains at the drop of a hat. Well I'm pleased to announce that the LFM-1 Plus subwoofer isn't your average run of the mill hero. It's a super hero."

I don't own this sub, however, it was designed by Dr. Hsu. I have a pair of large Hsu subs and they are not quite as good as a pair of Velodyne DD-18's, but they cost about $4,000 less.

All the Best