1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Grey's Anatomy boots Isaiah

Discussion in 'TV Land' started by Alfer, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Alfer

Alfer New Member

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Saw this. I find it kind of interesting myself, but hey. Maybe we're done forgiving jackass behavior by stars? Nah, its just a hot button right now... NOT that I am OK with what he said, but he's really being crucified here.

3. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Active Member War Zone Member

What exactly did he say?

MAx

4. Chris White

Chris White New Member

For those, like me, who had to look it up, he played Preston Burke.

[​IMG]

5. CJ

He called TR Knight (George) who is homosexual a faggot on set which started an on set physical altercation. On top of that, while I have no idea if his family/friends knew, this incident essentially outed Knight as far as the general public knowing. Then at some awards show, he said something backstage but I never quite figured out what. I sort of gather that he made a comment about how people were reacting and again, it wasn't the most appropriate way to word it, but I never really heard exactly what was said, just that something else happened.

6. Alfer

Alfer New Member

I think he called the gay actor on there a "faggot" or "queer"...at least I think that's what I'd heard.

7. Jerry Pease

Jerry Pease New Member War Zone Member

at the golden globe an E reporter backstage ask about what he said and he denied calling TK a fagot and Kathering Heigl went ballistic over his lie.

Source > http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=51d8c103-9268-43a1-85f9-ea161477fe59&entry=index

8. CJ

Oh, I thought it was along the lines of him freaking out that people were upset (which would presumably indicate some lack of remorse???). Yeah, like I said, I'm not OK with what he said/did but I think Heigl turned it into a witch hunt at the same time...

9. Dan S.

Dan S. New Member

I guess that explains where he went at the end of the season....

10. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll HTT Refugee Donor War Zone Member

Didn't he also get into a fight with Patrick Dempsey?

11. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

Damn!! Those moderators on Grey's Anatomy are strict!

12. CJ

Yes, it was over the comment though. It was all one event.

13. Greg W

Greg W New Member

Well I don't like his behavior, but I think this will really adversely effect the show. With the departure of the spin-off doc, too...is GA being eviscerated? Not sure it can be as good, now.

14. Matt J_S

Matt J_S New Member

I think this show needs new blood anyway, I quickly learned that this show is the modern day A-Team where every show pretty much follows the same script with adjustments only in who will be crying and who is having sex with who in any given episode.

15. CJ

LOL, agreed.

16. Tom R S 4

Tom R S 4 New Member War Zone Member

In any case, I'm looking forward to the Izzy & Tom R S 4 episode. 8)

17. Chris White

Chris White New Member

That episode is waiting for you now Tom. Go to sleep. :)

18. CJ

19. Sean80

Sean80 New Member

I don't think we'll ever totally know what happened on the set that day but I'm wondering if maybe Washington is being targeted really unfairly here not that I'm condoning his behaviour either. At the end of the season it looked like both he and Knight were leaving the show and I guess they did that because they hadn't decided on who to fire yet. I also think that Heigl needs to get off her high horse. :)

20. CJ

I agree about Heigl. Condemning someone's actions is fine but it sounds like she campaigned against him. Yeesh, cut the guy some slack. Maybe there was more going on behind the scenes between her and Washington. Hell hath no fury and all that???