1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Hannibal Rising

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by George Bellefontaine, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Is it just me, or did anyone else feel this film was like one overly long flashback that could have been handled better in any one of the Anthony Hopkins Lecter films. And sheesh, couldn't they have found an actor who looked more like a young Anthony Hopkins. This guy was downright ugly and lacked the sophisticated quality that Hopkins brought to the character. While I wouldn't ask for my money back, I am certianly glad I didn't buy it.

2. chad

chad Active Member War Zone Member Top Poster

George, I had no desire to see this. You can't be Silence of the Lambs. I really enjoyed Red Dragon but Hannibal did nothing for me.

3. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member Donor War Zone Member Top Poster

Saw this last night.
    I agree that the young Hannibal sucked. But overall the movie was not bad.
    It followed the book pretty well, although a good deal had to be skipped over.

I the lead character actually had any on screen character, this could have been a good film. What were they thinking ?? He was more of a young uglier Crispen Glover.
    Oh well, I got the point.

4. Sean80

Sean80 New Member

Caught this one the weekend. I thought this was a pretty bad movie and I did not enjoy it really at all. I actually had trouble finishing it. I thought the guy playing the young Hannibal was pretty bad. I also thought that Rhys Ifans was terribly miscast as the main villain. It certainly isn't a Manhunter or Silence of the Lambs (my favourite Lecter movies).