1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Happy Feet

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Troy Seufert, May 23, 2007.

1. Troy Seufert

Troy Seufert New Member

This may have already been covered back on HTT, but I just now got around to watching it.

We watched the HD-DVD version and it was amazing in it's clarity.

It was great to see an animated movie that wasn't made by Pixar or Dreamworks and have it be stellar. We really enjoyed the story. The soundtrack was excellent, and the humor had us laughing out loud quite a bit. Even Robin Williams who sometimes is too much when doing voice-over work was great in two different roles.

Highly recommended for viewers of all ages.

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Agree 100% and my 3 year old really liked it too.

3. Michael

Michael Junior Geek

I still have not seen all of it, but have had it running for the younger kids at parties/dinners and it does look pretty incredible!

4. Jason Lorette

Jason Lorette Active Member

" Let me splain sumthin' to ju "...that line killed me every time. I can't wait to see Surf's Up!

5. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II New Member

My 9-year old bought the *gasp* FOOL SCREEN *gasp* version of the film (it's all Wally World had and I was absent from the trip and therefore unable to stop this madness) and all I can say is WOW!!!!

While I've not been paying a lot of attention to the story, what animation I've seen thus far is Frakin' AMAZING...even on the SD-DVD version!

Holy Cow...I wonder what the HD version could look like?????

6. Jay Brown

Jay Brown Well-Known Member Donor Top Poster

My son knows this movie by heart.

"Don't be so snooty booty!!!"

My favorite line from the movie.

"Surfs Up" is just plain hilarious. There's no "Stick to the script" going on with this movie. Check out the behind the scenes material found on the Disc.