1. Create an account to join in the discussion. Once you register don't forget to enter our monthly drawings.

Register to post on our forum.
  2. Home Theater Lounge will begin holding a live chat every Wednesday evening at 9pm Central. The goal is to get as many members online at the same time and just talk movies, music, and gear. You can join the chat by going to the Shoutbox app.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

HD A2 <$200... Deal now dead.

Discussion in 'Movie Lounge' started by Shane, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Shane

Shane Active Member

2. DYohn

DYohn Well-Known Member Donor

Top Poster Of Month

5 free HD DVDs = about $100 value, so you could say the player is free if you take advantage of the display offer at the same time. :) This is a cool promotion.

3. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill New Member War Zone Member Top Poster

The high-end Toshiba HD-XA2 just dropped to $521.88 shipped at Amazon.

I've seen Value Electronics offer this for $499 plus $20 shipping, so it would appear that it will not go much lower.

But if it does, Amazon will be refunding me the difference. :)

- Steve

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Re: HD A2 - $200 after instant rebate from Crutchfield

Dude...two things:

A- The FINAL price AFTER rebate is $299
    2- It's out of stock.

5. Alfer

Alfer New Member

6. Pete Apruzzese

Pete Apruzzese New Member

They must have just changed the price, it had been as stated above, $299-100. It even said "Final Price" - $199.

7. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Guess someone on their end discovered the error.

8. Shane

Shane Active Member

It could also have been a short sale like Amazon did.

I also stated it was out of stock and would restock at the end of June. Thanks for READING.

9. Steve Tannehill

One of my friends got in on the sale price. Thanks for posting the info, Shane.

- Steve

10. Shane

Shane Active Member

Np. My "job" is to help other people. Being an information junkie like I can be, I love sharing it.

11. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Might as well delete thread since it's no longer valid.

:)

12. Steve Tannehill

If only it were that easy, lots of things would be deleted around here.

- Steve

13. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Well-Known Member War Zone Member Top Poster

Yeah wouldn't want anyone to know that somebody got a $200 HD-DVD player before the deal went away.

This thread shows how the Sub-$200 HD-DVD player is rapidly becoming a reality.

Max

14. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Admin War Zone Member

Exactly, I expect similar sales around the holidays if this already happened mid-year.

15. Alfer

Alfer New Member

True..and I'm sure exciting to some, but still not feelin much love for investing in one half of a format that has many fewer movie choices in the long run....it could be $50 and it still has minimal value because you are being forced to just watch the few movies offered by the HD-DVD camp...and you STILL have to go buy another machine to enjoy the rest of the movies you like.

Just hurry up and bring on the universal players...or kill off one of the current formats.... :)

16. CJ

Yeah, I hate that I can't watch every single movie released because with DVD I do you know. Yep, every single movie released, you should see my blockbuster queue. 34,000 movies and climbing. Damn these new formats for not letting me watch every movie out there!

17. Alfer

Alfer New Member

PREACH ON!!!

:lol:

18. CJ

Not a big fan of sarcasm I see...

19. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Hahah!

Well you clearly know what I mean..there's no way of geting around it all...you can only watch so many "HD-DVD" branded DVD movies on an HD-DVD machine..and to get all the other hi-def dvd's you must A) you invest in Blu too, or B) watch SD while ya pray that HD-DVD gets all studios on there side.

20. CJ

The issue is dismissing B as a silly option. At $200 its not silly at all for many people.